Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

clworldwideevents.com

Watch Out!
19 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 20
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 3rd Jun 2011 19:48
Izsy
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 0
I posted an earlier message about CL Worldwide Events. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM, THEY ARE CRIMINALS. I booked tickets for Take That for the 4th June, stupidly through this criminal organisation. I reported everything to the police in January and did not expect to hear anything further. However, I unexpectedly received a voicemail message on my mobile phone this afternoon (3rd June) from I think they called themselves Shearwill Wannabies???! Ticketbreaker to say that they had my six tickets for the Take That concert and to meet them at the Crown Plaza tomorrow evening to collect them before the concert. They gave me the telephone number of 0784 937 5884. I telephoned the number and spoke to a very dodgy guy who told me that CLWorldwide Events had been shut down by the police and their accounts frozen and that they had been instructed by the police (UNLIKELY) to sort out the ticket orders. I informed him that I assumed that I would not receive any tickets due to the disappearance of CL Worldwide Events off the internet, telephone disconnection, as well as them they having done a bunk from their London address that I was also told they hadn't paid for by en employee.  I said it was unacceptable to phone me the day before and how did they have the money to clear up CL World Wide Events ticket orders and get hold of tickets that had been sold out!!? Something about the black market was mentioned. I told him that I no longer needed the tickets and he would have to sell them on (knowing full well that there were no tickets). He offered me 70 per ticket (420) and told me that I had been ripped off at 130 euros per ticket. I explained that my bank were to refund the full amount and he increased the offer to 500. I said that I would phone back and immediately called action fraud to report the incident to the police. The adviser I spoke to advised that these guys have probably been caught (hooray!) and are in court. They will attempt to claim that they tried to get tickets or offer refunds, but this is not so. Do not fall for it. Call the police action fraud immediately if they contact you 0300 123 2040 and do NOT agree to meet them.

Quote Izsy Quote  Reply to Izsy Reply
Post # 2
Top Sat 4th Jun 2011 16:46
Ann Kneale
Topics: 1 Replies: 1
Hi exactly the same thing has happened to me with these scumbags. I paid 525 euros last October and after several conversations with Simon (probably a fake name) I got him to admit he didn't have any tickets but he could get me some and meet me at the venue. I asked for a full refund and he told me to claim it off my bank and put the phone down on me. I too have reported them to the fraud investigation team. I dont think they have been caught as I only spoke with him yesterday! Something needs to be done its outrageous. Iv found the whole experience really distressing especially being responsible for other people's tickets. DO NOT USE CLWORLDWIDEEVENTS they are total fraudsters!

Quote Ann Kneale Quote  Reply to Ann Kneale Reply
Post # 3
Top Sun 5th Jun 2011 17:32
curlyo54
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
I too have been a victim of CLWORLDWIDEEVENTS. I should have been going to see Take That this evening in Manchester, instead I am writing this message. I bought 2 tickets in October last year. When the site disappeared shortly after paying, I realised I had been scammed. I contacted my credit card company and was assured if the tickets didn't arrive on time I would be entitled to a refund, which is a relief. Since then CL have not been contactable by phone or email, until out of the blue"Chris" called my mobile asking if I still wanted my tickets as he had them. He suggested I meet him on the afternoon of the concert and he would hand over my tickets and even buy me a drink! Since then he has tried to contact my mobile and my landline. Bit too close to home for my liking, bit scary too!!!

Quote curlyo54 Quote  Reply to curlyo54 Reply
Post # 4
Top Sun 5th Jun 2011 18:52
roseyposey

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 11 Replies: 302
Wow, this is a tricky situation isn't it? I am guessing that if you try to take out legal proceedings against this company their defence is going to be that they contacted you to say they had your tickets but you refused to pick them up.
I really do hope that someone who knows more about this than me (Markland perhaps?) will give an opinion of how you should proceed from here.

Quote roseyposey Quote  Reply to roseyposey Reply
Post # 5
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 00:24
ajay
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
I bought two tickets for Take That and like most people thought that I would not get them. But I received a phone call on Friday to say that they were available for collection before the concert started in Manchester. I arranged to meet up with the two guys who said they had come up from London with the Tickets. I meet with them in a hotel nearby the Manchester Arena and they had my two tickets. While I was there a number of other people arrived to collect there tickets.
I was delighted with the seats and the concert on Sunday 6th June was fantastic. So I was very pleased with the result in the end. For my own experience every thing was fine. Am I the only one?

Quote ajay Quote  Reply to ajay Reply
Post # 6
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 08:49
derren
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 27 Replies: 144
Thanks for signing up to post this, ajay. It's not that I don't believe you, per se, but I have to stress that if you arrange to meet a guy outside the venue for tickets then you are exposing yourself to a massive risk of being let down. Anyone can tell you this and simply not be there.

If you did get your tickets then you were lucky to get away from it, and frankly, as the website is no longer running and is well placed on our red list, I find it unlikely. Many in this situation are not so fortunate. To make sure we have balance I have left your post and passed your IP address and details on to the people who are investigating the company as they are trying to get hold of the people who "gave you your tickets" so they can talk to them about the ones that did not get theirs.

Would you buy tickets for your holiday and arrange to meet "Mike" round the back of the airport to collect your tickets or would you think this was a bit odd. It's no different.

Here at Safeconcerts we have had many posts from touts and fraudsters claiming that everything is OK, and that they "got better seats than they had expected" with the sole intention of fooling people into clinging onto the hope that they haven't been ripped off. Ajay's experience will be verified when Izsy, Ann or curlyo54 get their money back from this website.
"You should never have to pay over the face value of tickets. If you do you are contributing to the increasing industry of bulk buying tickets just to sell them to you for an immediate profit. It is only by starving these people of sales that we can truly retaliate against them. Your strongest weapon is to accept that sometimes you just can't get tickets to an event."

Quote derren Quote  Reply to derren Reply
Post # 7
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 11:02
roseyposey

ajay,

It would be so helpful and encouraging to others if you could scan your ticket stubs and post them here.

Post # 8
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 12:43
derren
View Profile

Now that, roseyposey, is an absolutely brilliant idea. I wish I had thought of that, but it's a great way to verify. Then we can show people more conclusive proof of these sites getting tickets. Or not.
"You should never have to pay over the face value of tickets. If you do you are contributing to the increasing industry of bulk buying tickets just to sell them to you for an immediate profit. It is only by starving these people of sales that we can truly retaliate against them. Your strongest weapon is to accept that sometimes you just can't get tickets to an event."

Post # 9
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 13:34
ajay
Hi,
just read your request for copies of the tickets. If you think it will help I will copy them and post them to you today. Best Regards

Post # 10
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 14:58
derren
View Profile

Thanks, that really would

Post # 11
Top Tue 7th Jun 2011 23:00
WhatTheF
View Profile

Topics: 5 Replies: 111
Quote from derren - 7th Jun 2011 08:49 View
Thanks for signing up to post this, ajay. It's not that I don't believe you, per se, but I have to stress that if you arrange to meet a guy outside the venue for tickets then you are exposing yourself to a massive risk of being let down. Anyone can tell you this and simply not be there.

Here at Safeconcerts we have had many posts from touts and fraudsters claiming that everything is OK, and that they "got better seats than they had expected" with the sole intention of fooling people into clinging onto the hope that they haven't been ripped off.

Please don't taint touts and fraudsters in the same bucket. It may not have been said implicitly but it is easily assumed when labelled together.

One many operate immorally to some people but there are many touts that don't take peoples money, run off, and act in a criminal activity.

I think its important to make a distinction and many people on here may think they are equally the same!

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 12
Top Thu 9th Jun 2011 17:30
derren
View Profile

Thanks to Ajay for sending me these scans of their tickets. Fortunately they are still in one piece:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Post # 13
Top Thu 9th Jun 2011 20:29
roseyposey

Derren,

As you've probably guessed by now I'm not a great expert in these things. Why is the ticket still in one piece? Should ajay not just have been left with the ticket stub?

Post # 14
Top Thu 9th Jun 2011 21:12
derren
View Profile

Very good glue? Time Machine?

Post # 15
Top Fri 10th Jun 2011 11:37
roseyposey

It gets curiouser and curiouser! There are no bar codes in existence that begin the "$" sign! (Barcodes from the UK begin with "5" as far as I know.)

Do hope ajay enjoyed the concert.

Post # 16
Top Fri 10th Jun 2011 21:56
ajay
Hi Derren & Rosie,  I am confused by your response, what are you suggesting? Glue? Time machine? Yes Rosie you are no expert. A simple phone call to the Manchester City Arena might have confirmed the entrance procedure.

Anyone who went to the concert, and entered via this entrance would have had their ticket taken off them by a steward and placed into a bar code reader in the electronic turnstile. That then unlocked the turnstile and the ticket was then returned to you so that you were able to enter through the turnstile. 

I sent the copies of the tickets to you in good faith because you asked me to. I thought it was helping you. I was obviously wrong. 

I am very disappointed. I thought you would be more professional.

Regards,

Ajay

Post # 17
Top Fri 10th Jun 2011 22:15
roseyposey

ajay - that is the point I was trying to make, I am NOT a professional.
It just seems so weird that you got your tickets when so many did not - lucky you.

I must admit that the numbers under the bar code still look odd to me. I have never, ever seen one that starts with a "$" sign. Anyway, if the tickets did get you in, then I'm happy for you and hope you enjoyed yourself.

Post # 18
Top Sat 2nd Jul 2011 20:54
Harryboy
I too bought tickets from clworldwideevents back in Oct 10, then received a call last week from a guy called Chris Perkins hwo said he had my 6 take that tickets and would be posting them to me it took a week and to my surprise I received them today. How will I know if they are real of fake.

Quote Harryboy Quote  Reply to Harryboy Reply
Post # 19
Top Sun 3rd Jul 2011 09:44
roseyposey

I am guessing (and it IS only a guess) that they might be genuine. They may have sourced a few tickets and sent them out to avoid all this nasty publicity. Have you got time to take them to the venue and have them checked out before the actual date of the gig?

Post # 20
Top Sun 3rd Jul 2011 20:41
buttons
Posted this on a different thread but thought Harry boy may be interested :

My tickets for take that arrived Thursday (before last nights Saturday concert). face value was 32, I paid significantly more. They had restricted viewing and so we were contemplating not going as did not know even if they were legitimate. Glad to say that we got in and out seats weren't too bad given that they spent very little time on the main stage and when they were there they were at the front so ok. I was dissapointed with communication with CL worldwide and the seating but they did deliver them special delivery to home address so no dodgy meeting points. I was overcharged on my credit card for the tickets when they were purchased so am still waiting for a refund.

Would not risk using them again, not knowing at all what sort of seat you will get is a risk.

Quote buttons Quote  Reply to buttons Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 20
 Start a new topic
There are 889 active users currently on the forum: kenzmroue and 888 guests
Visitors Today: 6007
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely