Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

black crowes

viagogo tickets nightmare
12 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Mon 4th Jul 2011 21:47
Neberkanezer
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 5
can anybody help me please?
 Ive been waiting 15 years to see the black crowes and they are finally touring the u.k. 
I have paid for tickets for the show at manchester academy on monday 11th july through viagogo but still have not received them. The site say they will be released closer to the concert date, however they are delivered by courier and have to be signed for. I work away (doing live in care in a big house in the country) and have given my work address but have no idea if they are going to arrive in time. I finish work on the monday morning so cant take delivery at home. 
Communicatoin with viagogo is terrible at the best of times and all they can suggest is I arrange for the tickets to be delivered to the hotel they assume Im  staying at in manchester. BUT Im not staying in a hotel, Im driving there and back the same day.
 So what do i do? Viagogo say dont contact them about missing tickets until 4 days before the gig, but the crowes gig is a monday, so knocking off the weekend, that only gives me thursday and friday to hopefully sort out a pick up of them. Im supposed to recieve an email from them when they are dispatched but have had nothing yet.
If anybody has any advice they can give me i would really appreciate it - Im worried Im going to end up missing the gig. 

Quote Neberkanezer Quote  Reply to Neberkanezer Reply
Post # 2
Top Mon 4th Jul 2011 22:00
roseyposey

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 11 Replies: 302
Don't know if this will work - but have you tried asking Viagogo to deliver them to the box office at Manchester Academy for you? I am sure they would be easy to collect as long as you took along some ID.

Quote roseyposey Quote  Reply to roseyposey Reply
Post # 3
Top Mon 4th Jul 2011 22:12
Neberkanezer
That was going to be my last resort, but i may have to. I just would have felt much more relaxed having them in my hand before i travelled. I know from past experience how unreliable courier services can be.
Thankyou for the advice though :-)

Post # 4
Top Mon 4th Jul 2011 22:12
WhatTheF
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 5 Replies: 111
They won't delivery to the Box office. The box office won't accept it and I wouldn't send it either if I was the seller on VGG.

Send them an email via their website. It is still over a week away. You will get a reply back withoin 48hrs if you outline your concerns

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 5
Top Mon 4th Jul 2011 22:45
Neberkanezer
Ive emailed them 3 times now but only get automated replies. I have to wait until a minimum of 4 days before the show before I contact them with any concerns.

Its rediculous!

Post # 6
Top Tue 5th Jul 2011 12:30
Neberkanezer
i have emailed them last night and not had a reply. How can businesses treat people so shabbily? :-(

Post # 7
Top Tue 5th Jul 2011 22:33
roseyposey

Viagogo use UPS to send tickets. I can't see why the venue would not accept an envelope addressed to you or understand why a seller wouldn't send them to that address. Viagogo would send you tracking details so it should be quite easy to see where exactly your tickets were at any given time.

Post # 8
Top Tue 5th Jul 2011 22:59
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Box offices will have nothing to do with tout sites, thats why

Viagogo and other tout sites take a hefty percentage in service charges why should box offices act as a free drop off point for them?

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 9
Top Wed 6th Jul 2011 14:58
roseyposey

Having bought ticekts from Viagogo myself in the past I can confirm that there would be nothing on the envelope to say who or where it had come from.

Post # 10
Top Wed 6th Jul 2011 15:22
Neberkanezer
Thanks for your comments Rosey, Ive emailed them again this morning and not had a reply :-(

The gig is on monday, so they now have thursday and friday to arrange delivery and get them to me. (Im guessing couriers dont work weekends?)

Im NEVER using viagogo again.

Post # 11
Top Wed 6th Jul 2011 16:26
roseyposey

So sorry you're going through all this stress. Have to say that I've never had a problem with Viagogo - I guess they just have to depend on the seller sending the tickets out in time, but it would be helpful if they answered your emails and gave you some reassurance,. Perhaps someone else could post their telephone number on here for you. (I did have it at one time but have now lost it!)

Do hope everything turns out OK and you have a wonderful time.

Post # 12
Top Wed 6th Jul 2011 16:48
WhatTheF
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 5 Replies: 111
Quote from roseyposey - 6th Jul 2011 16:26 View
So sorry you're going through all this stress. Have to say that I've never had a problem with Viagogo - I guess they just have to depend on the seller sending the tickets out in time, but it would be helpful if they answered your emails and gave you some reassurance,. Perhaps someone else could post their telephone number on here for you. (I did have it at one time but have now lost it!)

Do hope everything turns out OK and you have a wonderful time.

You can use this number. It is ONLY for large Platinum sellers but say you cant get in contact with general customer support and they will put you through to the right department

0203 137 6081...10am to 5pm

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 13
Top Wed 6th Jul 2011 18:54
Neberkanezer
your a diamond! many thanks :-)

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
There are 379 active users currently on the forum: 379 guests
Visitors Today: 12592
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely