Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

worldticketshop.com

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Thu 2nd Jun 2011 23:54
manxman
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 1

Unfortunately used this site to purchase 4 x tickets for the Take That concert at Manchester on 5 June 2011, at a cost of just under 500 inclusive of handling fees and courier charges.  Paid for tickets when ordering in October 2010.  Tickets have still not arrived and despite numerous chases the last I heard was via an e-mail on 31 May when they told me my tickets would be sent later that day or the following day [1 June] by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Now to the best of my knowledge that service guarantees delivery within 24 hours!

It is now 2 June and still no tickets, and no further response from this company, despite me e-mailing and trying to telephone them [no connection on numer supplied!!]  We are due to travel by ferry from the Isle of Man late tommorw affternoon and have hotel and hire car booked until 6 June.  Also have friends travelling up from Kent to join us and also stay in hotel.  Ferry/Hotel/Hire Car have all been paid for in advance.Angry

If tickets don't show by dinnertime tomorrow - which I don't think they will - it looks like we have wasted or time and money on this one.  We'll get nothing better than a weekend shop in Chester, where we are staying so as we can see our daughter at the University.

ALL IN ALL A VERY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH NO HELP AT ALL FROM THE COMPANY ITSELF, DESPITE NUMEROUS PROMISES.  I REALLY FEEL Censored OFF!

PLEASE, IF YOU READ THIS, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.  IF ONLY SOMEONE COULD Nuke THEM AND ALL THE OTHER RIP OFF MERCHANTS OUT THERE.

This is a great site, which I have only found todayThumbs Up.  Only wish I had know about back in October 2010 Cry

Quote manxman Quote  Reply to manxman Reply
Post # 2
Top Fri 3rd Jun 2011 00:00
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Two touts were caught at a Take That show in Sunderland and stated they were working for Worldticketshop who had over sold tickets, and the two touts were on the pavement buying "spare" tickets and putting them in envelopes for Worldticketshop customers

Worldticketshop is one to avoid as you quite rightly point out

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 3
Top Fri 3rd Jun 2011 00:02
manxman
Topics: 1 Replies: 1
Thanks Markland.....I'll remeber that one, just in case the "Meet a man on the corner of......." is eventually offered to us! Manxman

Quote manxman Quote  Reply to manxman Reply
Post # 4
Top Fri 3rd Jun 2011 10:52
the dogman
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
world ticket shop are just an independent agency where other agencies use there site to sell tickets . The touts who were filling orders for them at the sunderland concert were sent to the show to specificaly buy tickets for that order . Tickets should of been sent out by the agency weeks earlier but thats not the way it works im afraid . i had 2 ladies come up to me asking if i knew the company involved as they were waiting for tickets . As there were quite alot of tickets spare on the day i told the girls they would get there tickets . An hour later they had them . ( this is no way to treat people and leave them fretting on the streets outside a venue not knowing if they are getting tickets or not )

I know some people who ordered seating tickets for 150 only got unreserved standing / seating tickets which is definately not on .. and i advised them to ask for a refund of some kind . Like i said world ticketshop is only the middle man in the ticket selling a bit like viagogo they charge the sellers for selling and the buyers for buying yet do nothing .

For future reference if tickets are sold out for a concert or sporting event ask to collect tickets from the companies office . or demand tickets must be delivered at least one week before the show . Our company will only ever deliver at the venue on the night of the show if the booking was late and it was conveniently arranged with the client ..

Quote the dogman Quote  Reply to the dogman Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
There are 1072 active users currently on the forum: 1072 guests
Visitors Today: 10076
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely