Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

ticketlister.com

A familiar tale
27 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 28
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Thu 11th Mar 2010 22:16
derren
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 27 Replies: 144
Ticketlister.com has sprung up and I would advise caution when thinking about using this company. The site is a familiar looking template, with very high ticket and booking prices and tickets that they are not supposed to be selling.

There are a number of other key facts that give the game away, but I don't want to let them know that we know, so just think twice.
"You should never have to pay over the face value of tickets. If you do you are contributing to the increasing industry of bulk buying tickets just to sell them to you for an immediate profit. It is only by starving these people of sales that we can truly retaliate against them. Your strongest weapon is to accept that sometimes you just can't get tickets to an event."

Quote derren Quote  Reply to derren Reply
Post # 2
Top Mon 7th Jun 2010 10:48
dasha
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 1

Scam! Spam!

I purchased a ticket to go to Summertime Ball by Capital FM on June 6th. The ticket was supposed to be delivered on Tue, June 1st or according to Charlie at Ticketlister, George and David Webb 'due to the bank holiday weekend Wed, June 2nd, latest.

It's not hard to guess the tcket was never delivered. I was on the phone again to the mentioned above people several times a day on Thur and Fri before the concert. They re-assured me that I paid 20% charge on the top of the face value of the ticket so the ticket is 100% guaranteed. They said they would send me an e-mail to confirm this, which they never did. Only around 5 pm on Fri they sent an e-mail out saying 'Due to the late arrival of your tickets it has been arranged for your tickets to be collected from our ticketlister company representative on Sunday at the venue.' They provided a venue (no time) and name and phone number of the represantative, which I called. The phone worked the person picked up and said he would be at the venue from 2pm...

I arrived at the specified place on time. There were about 15 other people waiting, saying that 'Duncan' was running late. I called and spoke to him again he said he was at near by hotel so if I could meet him there. Other people stayed behind waiting. I run couple of miles to the other pick-up point; there was another group of people, who said they've been waiting for 40 mins and 'Duncan' told them he was just 5 mins and never came.

Until 30 mins to the concert 'Duncan' was still answering his phone and later it went to voicemail...

I called them this morning, no apollogy, absolutely nothing from them.

Total disasterous experience.  Safe yourself disapointment. I will be taking further action.

Quote dasha Quote  Reply to dasha Reply
Post # 3
Top Mon 7th Jun 2010 12:48
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Make sure you contact Trading Standards, Camden as this company falls within their area

If you have reason to suspect a criminal offence has been committed make sure you report it to Police as well

Please let us know how you get on

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 4
Top Tue 8th Jun 2010 08:20
greendayrock
Topics: 3 Replies: 2

I've been living in Germany for nearly 10 years and have NEVER had problems getting concert and festival tickets at face value: U2, Kings of Leon, Green Day, Muse etc etc.. I recently decided to attend a Wembley gig and was horrified that:

a. Search engines for UK tickets produce 1000s of mostly illegal re-sellers, and it's impossible to find legitimate ticket sales because of the flood of fraudulent sellers.

b. All sales seem to be at well above face values, so again, you can't tell who is genuine. The venues don't link to authorised sales, and seem to have no connection with ticket sales for the events they are hosting.

c. Even using TICKETMASTER.....you pay well above the real price, and get no guarantee of receiving a ticket in time for the event. "We'll try and send it within 5 days of the event"...is just not good enough...or maybe it is if you're accustomed to living in UK.

I sympathize with people who are being defrauded, but the system in UK is completely screwed up and is controlled by the fraudsters. The only solution is to boycott venues like O2 and Wembley until the ticket sales scams are stopped. This will only happen when the venues themselves take some responsibility for ensuring safe and transparent transactions.

Quote greendayrock Quote  Reply to greendayrock Reply
Post # 5
Top Tue 8th Jun 2010 10:03
Markland

Congratulations on picking the only two venues that do go out of their way to stop ticket fraud, The O2 and Wembley!

Wembley Stadium has a very proactive team that does a fantastic amount of work to protect the public, as does The O2

If you call either of their customer services departments, both will give you a list of authorised agents that actually have allocations of tickets

If you decide to purchase from unauthorised sellers it really is a case of caveat emptor, let the buyer beware

The reason tickets are sent out near to the event within the UK is to narrow the window of opportunity for people to be able to produce counterfeit copies of those tickets

As for boycotting venues, how do you propose that Wembley and The O2 stop fraudulent companies from operating in Norway, Holland, Spain and Germany where the Police do nothing about them?

You would be much better addressing your concerns to the Police in those countries rather than trying to put the onus on venues and promoters

After all, crime is for the Police to investigate and deal with, not music and sporting venues

Post # 6
Top Tue 8th Jun 2010 11:21
greendayrock
Topics: 3 Replies: 2

Thanks. I see Wembley does have links to Ticketmaster etc

I've bought from Ticketmaster, who I assume are reputable..........but still not happy to pay large mark-up for tickets, paid for in February, but still not received in June 10 days before the event. I understand the counterfeit protection argument, but why is UK unique in this? I have bought  tickets for Hannover, Dortmund, Berlin O2, and European festivals and received them within 48 hrs of ordering. It is only UK where promoters sell tickets en masse to re-sellers to create a shortage, and then make it difficult for ordinary fans to buy them.........it just encourages the fraudsters. I don't understand why London has a problem that is so different to Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris.

Quote greendayrock Quote  Reply to greendayrock Reply
Post # 7
Top Tue 8th Jun 2010 12:53
Markland

The reason for the problem is that the UK is the world capital of ticket scams

Thats why tickets are processed differently here and extra security measures are necessary

And the methods used by tout sites to obtain large volumes of tickets are many and varied

Several so called legitimate secondary ticket sites actually encourage their employees to buy up as many tickets as possible and resell them through their websites

These people frequently used multiple addresses and credit cards, in some instances company credit cards provided by the very business they work for

Then you have the growing army of armchair touts who buy tickets from home in small quantities and resell through eBay

There are other methods by which tickets are obtained that I won't go into here

The UK has the most thriving live entertainment industry in europe which is probably why it is so heavily targeted by ticket scammers

Post # 8
Top Fri 20th Aug 2010 15:33
amandajaneberry
Topics: 0 Replies: 2

DON'T USE TICKELISTER - THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!

I tried to buy tickets for Kasabian at Brixton on the day they went onsale but they were sold out on every reputable site because of the preview sale so I paid double the face value of the tickets on Ticketlister and paid for delivery, 3 days before the gig I rang them to be told they would be at the venue for pick up and when we got to the venue THERE WERE NO TICKETS , sold out gig and we couldn't risk buying from touts so couldn't do anything other than walk away GUTTED

Thay claim no responsibility saying they sent me an email that was never received .... so beware don't get ripped off and be gutted like me knowing that my tickets were re-sold at a huge profit of 100 plus each

Quote amandajaneberry Quote  Reply to amandajaneberry Reply
Post # 9
Top Fri 20th Aug 2010 15:45
amandajaneberry
Topics: 0 Replies: 2

DO NOT BUT TICKETS FROM TICKETLISTER

I PAID DOUBLE THE FACE VALUE FOR KASABIAN TICKETS, WAS TOLD THE TICKETS WOULD BE AT THE VENUE AND WHEN I GOT THERE THERE WERE NO TICKETS, ALL I COULD DO WAS WALK AWAY

COMPLETE RIP OFF, RUDE STAFF, NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote amandajaneberry Quote  Reply to amandajaneberry Reply
Post # 10
Top Tue 20th Dec 2011 21:19
Rymski
Topics: 0 Replies: 9
Hi,

My wife bought some tickets, without me knowing, from Ticketlister and I knew it could be dodgy as soon as she told me.

I would be most grateful if anyone could let me know if they ever got a refund?

The worse thing is she well over double for the tickets and I live in Northern Ireland but the concert is in Manchester, where I'm from, so I have to buy flights as well.

Many Thanks

Quote Rymski Quote  Reply to Rymski Reply
Post # 11
Top Mon 23rd Jan 2012 13:54
lisalisa6k
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
Hi,
Just thought i'd add a quick reply as i've seen the reviews of people not receiving their tickets. But i booked tickets through ticketlister for coldplay on december 3rd in glasgow and had my tickets well in time for the concert. I had my doubts when booking through them but had no problems with the transaction at all. Very satisfied :)

Quote lisalisa6k Quote  Reply to lisalisa6k Reply
Post # 12
Top Mon 23rd Jan 2012 14:08
lollyg

Rating: Pop Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 72
I had my doubts when booking through them

lisalisa6k - if you had such doubts why did you use them? You could have used one of the primary sites, or failing that one of the big well-known secondary sites. Why did you pick such an unknown site?  It's not as if they list tickets at rock-bottom prices.

Quote lollyg Quote  Reply to lollyg Reply
Post # 13
Top Mon 23rd Jan 2012 16:24
lisalisa6k
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
All the tickets were sold out through the primary sites. They were the cheapest i could find on the web.

Quote lisalisa6k Quote  Reply to lisalisa6k Reply
Post # 14
Top Tue 24th Jan 2012 14:05
lollyg

Rating: Pop Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 72
Why, oh why am I not convinced? Perhaps because you seem to be the ony person on the planet who's received tickets from ticketlister.com.
Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and everyone will get their tickets.

Quote lollyg Quote  Reply to lollyg Reply
Post # 15
Top Thu 1st Mar 2012 12:12
Rymski
I'm still waiting for tickets. Other people that I know have received there tickets... It's feeling like a really slow train crash, in that all that I can do is wait for a disaster to unfold.

I hope Lisa is straight up and I receive the tickets...

This has caused major arguments in our house, thankfully now sorted. I just hope it turns out ok.

I'd really appreciate it, if those people whom didn't get there tickets, could tell me if they managed to get there money back in the end.

Post # 16
Top Mon 16th Apr 2012 13:21
dickiebrown56
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
I PURCHASED TICKETS FOR THE GRAND NATIONAL AND RECEIVED THEM A WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT, AS I WAS TOLD WHEN I BOOKED THEM. REALLY HELPFUL STAFF WHEN I PHONED ENQUIRING ABOUT MY TICKETS. STRESS FREE PLEASANT EXPERIENCE. SATISFIED!

Quote dickiebrown56 Quote  Reply to dickiebrown56 Reply
Post # 17
Top Mon 16th Apr 2012 13:26
Rymski
Thanks for letting me know. We've still not received anything.

Will try to get my wife to call but rowing over it has made it a bit of a sore subject. She has emailed but we haven't heard anything back.

Post # 18
Top Mon 16th Apr 2012 16:23
Markland

This is the same Ticketlister that allegedly sent out counterfeit tickets to people for the Hong Kong 7s according to media reports

Post # 19
Top Mon 16th Apr 2012 17:00
Rymski
Yep I spotted that story the day my wife used the site. They put themselves across as a resale site, yet the buyer doesn't know who actually sends the tickets.

I'm deeply cynical but can do nothing more than hope they come through. I'm flying over from Belfast, to my native Manchester. It could be a complete disaster as I watch my friends, who have tickets, go to the gig and I don't get in.

What can I do but hope?

Post # 20
Top Mon 16th Apr 2012 17:02
Rymski
We contacted the card company that day but they said they couldn't do anything. It seems like your not even covered by distance selling laws...

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 28
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 1014 active users currently on the forum: 1014 guests
Visitors Today: 28337
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely