Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

fraud aossa

51 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 52
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 2nd Mar 2012 18:37
jo-jo

Rating: Busker
Topics: 4 Replies: 15
does any body know if aossa is a lagit site for buying tickets????

Quote jo-jo Quote  Reply to jo-jo Reply
Post # 2
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 10:11
nickyj
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
I checked out Aossa yesterday regarding V Fest tickets. They have a landline telephone number which they pick up and a shop in Brighton (I phoned up the hardware shop next door to check the ticket agency is genuinely there and trading). They are part of a larger travel company who are ABTA bonded (I checked the official website and they are listed as members) so I think they are legit. I have emailed V Fest twice to find out why they are advising people not to buy from them but they haven't replied yet....

Quote nickyj Quote  Reply to nickyj Reply
Post # 3
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 12:17
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Aossa has no allocation of tickets from the event organisers and were originally selling V Festival tickets at face value whilst at the top of the Google paid advertisements

They were also taking money through a clothing company

Still think they are ok?

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 4
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 12:24
nickyj
Thanks for the info - may have to try and cancel my card payment but my daughter will be so upset not to get to V Fest!  Where did you get your info from about the clothing company? 

Post # 5
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 13:13
jo-jo

not sure weather to cancel this its such a shame as was so looking 4 ward to it....let me know if you hear of any more info ..thanks

Post # 6
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 13:18
jo-jo

i rang the number up and they said we will receive our tickets 10 days before event so for 5 months we have to sit and wait as to weather we been ripped off?? such a shame how ppl can do this :-(

Post # 7
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 14:16
Markland

jo-jo how much did they charge you for the tickets?

Post # 8
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 14:20
nickyj
Still weekend camping tix (yellow) available via Big Green Coach if that's any good - they're official and authorised on the V Fest website. Not bad value as the price includes travel (if the pick up points are any good to you).

Post # 9
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 14:21
jo-jo

Hi Markland i paid 803 for 4 tickets ... with red camping at chelmsford

Post # 10
Top Sat 3rd Mar 2012 14:48
jo-jo

think i just give it a miss this year and be on the ball next year and get an early bird ticket...year goes so quick but thanks every body for all ya help ...jo-jo

Post # 11
Top Sun 4th Mar 2012 20:05
jo-jo

Hi ya i got some good info...as a taxi driver i got a job to Brighton 2day so i thought i will check there shop out and its up "FOR LET" they are a dodgy site so thought id let you know so that others know .....

Post # 12
Top Sun 4th Mar 2012 23:25
Markland

Many thanks for the update

Post # 13
Top Mon 5th Mar 2012 08:41
gayle
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
Hi all......I have just purchased 4 tickets, can you give me a bit more info on this company please??

Quote gayle Quote  Reply to gayle Reply
Post # 14
Top Mon 5th Mar 2012 11:50
jo-jo

get yr money back as you wont be getting yr tickets .............

Post # 15
Top Mon 5th Mar 2012 13:36
gayle
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
Lucky for me they had a problem with "their paypal account" therefore no monies left my bank and I have now payed a little extra for 4 tickets from see.....Love to know for a fact if they are legit, please let me know if anyone finds out but I do believe this site are looking into it

Quote gayle Quote  Reply to gayle Reply
Post # 16
Top Mon 5th Mar 2012 14:54
jo-jo

i received an email from them (aossatickets) saying that the shop they have opened in brighton is closed down due to expanding ...well thats funny cause on another page some one went in to there shop the other day and brought tickets but when i rang the estate agents up they said the shop has been empty for 3 weeks.. so aossatickets why dont you all get a proper job and stop ripping ppl off by making false statements that u are safe wen your NOTTTTTTTTT......... ppl like u are sick why dont you rip yr loved ones off and see how that feels...oh and a tip if ya shop is closed shudnt you take the picture and address of yr sight ????

Post # 17
Top Tue 6th Mar 2012 17:56
quin07
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
my missus went to the shop last week and picked up the florence and the machinees tickets for Bournemouth we attended and had a great time. Not sure what you are going on about.... I think you should do more research before slagging off a company as it could destroy their business. I will buy from these guys again if you have not put them out of business already!!!!

Quote quin07 Quote  Reply to quin07 Reply
Post # 18
Top Tue 6th Mar 2012 18:23
harrytheo

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 316
I have no idea about this company, although there haven't actually been any complaints on here about people not getting their tickets in time, just people worrying about getting tickets.

To be fair, they ARE members of ABTA which means that if anything went wrong with the company people could claim their money back through ABTA. They seem to be more into corporate hospitality than just ticket selling.

But don't listen to me - I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG HERE!!

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 19
Top Tue 6th Mar 2012 21:31
Markland

Considering that Aossa was taking money through not one, but two, merchant services listed as "clothing" companies, one of which belonged to AW Trading I'd be inclined to be suspicious

That and the fact there was a rather interesting news article about the person believed to be in control of Aossa that can be read here:

newsfrombrighton.co.uk/brighton-and-hove-news/hove/rogue-debt-collector-from-hove-fined/

Post # 20
Top Wed 7th Mar 2012 09:19
harrytheo

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 316

Not for one moment suggesting everything is hunkydory with this company (the simple truth is that I don't know) - just wanted to reassure people that as they are members of ABTA (and they really are) at least people have some sort of comeback if things go pear-shaped.

I'm guessing that the person mentioned in the article you quoted has something to do with Aossa?  It doesn't actually say in the article.

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 52
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 1013 active users currently on the forum: 1013 guests
Visitors Today: 44132
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely