Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Radiohead - Are wristbands going to stop touts or cause chaos?

45 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 21 to 40 of 46
< 1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
Post # 21
Top Wed 7th Mar 2012 14:18
arrgee2011

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 198
Quote from Markland - 7th Mar 2012 11:46 View
Quote from harrytheo - 7th Mar 2012 07:41 View
Well, that doesn't make sense.

What are we to believe - Radiohead's own website which says name changes will not be allowed, id must be brought along etc., or "a news item" which says tickets are fully exchangeable via Ticket Trust? 

Are you suggesting news items on this site are untrue?

I don't think he is.  I just think he is stating there is a contradiction with the official Radiohead website which does not mention Ticket Trust at all. 

Quote arrgee2011 Quote  Reply to arrgee2011 Reply
Post # 22
Top Wed 7th Mar 2012 17:37
harrytheo

Topics: 7 Replies: 316
Medusa, ofcourse you are absolutly correct. It's just a pity that Radiohead haven't mentioned Ticket Trust on their website because by the law of averages there are bound to be some people who buy tickets that they can't use, and ofcourse some people that won't be able to get tickets because the gig is sold out.

Don't know if you have any connections at Ticket Trust that you could contact and advise them of this anomoly.

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 23
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 12:32
harrytheo

The facility to buy or sell Radiohead UK tickets still hasn't been added to the Ticket Trust site. Anyone know when that's going to be happening?

A pair of tickets went on Seatwave today for 349.99 (that's plus buyers fees & postage).  At those prices what's to stop a canny tout from buying three tickets, selling two, going to the gig to take the two punters in on his credit card - and then if he's not a great Radiohead fan he can leave straight away!

Hopefully Ticket Trust will get their act together pretty soon.

Post # 24
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 13:44
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
And of course those advertising the tickets on Seatwave have only just realised they can't make the show, minutes after buying the tickets, and are utilising the "fan to fan" ticket exchange to sell tickets they can no longer use.......................

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 25
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 13:48
harrytheo

I do think that by now everyone realises that the tickets on Seatwave are not all listed by genuine fans and can't see any reason to labour the point.

I was just trying to point out that if Ticket Trust don't get their act together soon there isn't really much point in them being around.

Post # 26
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 14:37
arrgee2011

Quote from harrytheo - 9th Mar 2012 12:32 View

The facility to buy or sell Radiohead UK tickets still hasn't been added to the Ticket Trust site. Anyone know when that's going to be happening?

A pair of tickets went on Seatwave today for 349.99 (that's plus buyers fees & postage).  At those prices what's to stop a canny tout from buying three tickets, selling two, going to the gig to take the two punters in on his credit card - and then if he's not a great Radiohead fan he can leave straight away!

Seatwave have all tickets listed as to be collected from North Greenwich on the day.  I just wonder how. The ONLY way they could do it is if they have the IDs and credit cards.

Post # 27
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 15:21
harrytheo

If you read the Seatwave website I think you'll find that the ticket seller has to be present to ensure that the buyer gains entry. Viagogo has the same conditions on their website.

Post # 28
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 16:06
arrgee2011

Quote from harrytheo - 9th Mar 2012 15:21 View
If you read the Seatwave website I think you'll find that the ticket seller has to be present to ensure that the buyer gains entry. Viagogo has the same conditions on their website.

Ah, I didn't read that. Should make for some interesting conversations.

Post # 29
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 16:58
Markland

Quote from arrgee2011 - 9th Mar 2012 14:37 View
Quote from harrytheo - 9th Mar 2012 12:32 View

Seatwave have all tickets listed as to be collected from North Greenwich on the day.  I just wonder how. The ONLY way they could do it is if they have the IDs and credit cards.

Does that mean some of those naughty people at Seatwave are indulging in buying tickets to better understand the Seatwave business module?

I mean its not like that has ever happened before is it..................

Post # 30
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 19:13
arrgee2011

Quote from Markland - 9th Mar 2012 16:58 View
Does that mean some of those naughty people at Seatwave are indulging in buying tickets to better understand the Seatwave business module?

I mean its not like that has ever happened before is it..................

Probably not the employees selling them, given the statements on their respective sites.  I suspect viagogo & seatwave are only selling tickets from third parties to facilitate others and show they can't be stopped even when such restrictions are in place. Will be a hell of a melee at the seatwave office in North Greenwich if they sell a lot that way.  Be like super speed dating matching touts to punters!

Post # 31
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 21:27
Markland

Well here is some bad news for the tout sites

Some of those tickets purchased by touts and offered for resale have already been identified and cancelled off

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

Post # 32
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 22:04
harrytheo

Just a pity it wasn't the ones on Seatwave or Viagogo as they don't give enough information to identify specific tickets.
It's really interesting to see that there are still tickets for sale on Ticketmaster - looks like the touts have given this one a wide berth.

Post # 33
Top Fri 9th Mar 2012 22:36
arrgee2011

Quote from harrytheo - 9th Mar 2012 22:04 View

It's really interesting to see that there are still tickets for sale on Ticketmaster - looks like the touts have given this one a wide berth.

The ticket price may have been a factor as well.  Quite a few moans about the prices http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/62471

Post # 34
Top Sat 10th Mar 2012 00:29
Markland

Quote from harrytheo - 9th Mar 2012 22:04 View
Just a pity it wasn't the ones on Seatwave or Viagogo as they don't give enough information to identify specific tickets.

Actually it was and they do

Post # 35
Top Sat 10th Mar 2012 08:29
harrytheo

I do think we are entering the realms of fantasy here as "Block 112 Row B" or "Standing" are not enough to indentify specific sales.
But - instead of of this negative sniping why don't we get together and try to do something in the spirit of the website which surely was initiated in the first place to help these poor victims.  We seem to have lost the plot and forgotten that they are the ones that suffer in all this.
I don't know anyone in the band or management company, but with your powers of detection Markland, as you seem to know who listed them I'm sure you can find out who bought these tickets on the secondary market and maybe I can contact someone in the promotions department who will help them out with some comps.
Surely that will be more helpful than just going on about how dreadful these ticket exchanges are.
Let's do something positive for a change!

Post # 36
Top Sat 10th Mar 2012 11:58
Markland

We do do something positive harry

We do not snipe from the cheap seats as you do

We do not come on here and post to deliberately wind people up, as you do

We are not apologists for the touts and platforms that lie and mislead the public, as you seem to be

We actually do something

We've posted warnings on here about somewhere between 100 and 200 websites over the last couple of years

We've assisted in website take downs, disruption of how payment is taken by fraudsters, given evidence at several trials and have been the original complainants in several other cases

Now, you tell me exactly what you do to help, apart from pour scorn on what  we, and others, post here?

And if you really think that pathetic snipes like "I do think we are entering the realms of fantasy here" are enough to get us to post how we identified the touts purchasing those tickets then you are a bigger idiot than we thought

Post # 37
Top Sat 10th Mar 2012 12:13
harrytheo

I give up! What on earth am I doing here in la-la land when I could be spending my time in the real world?

Firstly, having a difference of opinion on an internet forum is not "pouring scorn" - it's having a discussion which I thought was what these forums were for.

Secondly, I am certainly not asking you how you identify anything. My offer was to try to help the poor buggers who've paid over 400 for a ticket which you seem to think they won't be able to use. All I said was I would try to get them comps; it would have been up to you to get them to the people concerned. That's called co-operation.

Thirdly, that's exactly what I am trying to do - help. I'm not trying to help destroy touting but I am trying to help out victims in my own little way.

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you. No doubt you'll be on duty on the night of the Radiohead gigs and will be taking your usual pleasure in making sure that innocent people don't get to see the band through no fault of their own. Just hope you don't pick on ALL punters who have tickets for row G in block 111 because they include my own son who bought his tickets through primary channels!

Post # 38
Top Sat 10th Mar 2012 12:29
Markland

Good to see your son followed the advice of this website and purchased through a primary

At least that way he knows his tickets are genuine and valid

Post # 39
Top Wed 16th May 2012 11:40
harrytheo

Quote from Markland - 9th Mar 2012 21:27 View
Well here is some bad news for the tout sites

Some of those tickets purchased by touts and offered for resale have already been identified and cancelled off

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

It's taken me a long time and a lot of detective work but I can assure everyone that has bought tickets from Ticketmaster for the above, or indeed for anything else that their details have not been compromised.  NOBODY that doesn't work for Ticketmaster has access to their data information, so you can rest assured that your credit card details are safe, as are your personal details. (Nobody is going to come round to your house in the knowledge that you are at a gig so that they can rob it in peace!)

Ticketmaster have confirmed that the details on the secondary sites would not be sufficient for them to be able to identify or cancel off tickets that had been bought through their website.

Post # 40
Top Wed 16th May 2012 13:05
Markland

Harry

Not often we agree on much on here but in this instance I applaud your due diligence in ascertaining those facts about data protection

Perhaps it will put a stop to the ludicrous and, as you have proven, factually incorrect scaremongering posts about peoples personal data

Jump to the top of the page Posts 21 to 40 of 46
< 1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 779 active users currently on the forum: 779 guests
Visitors Today: 45487
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely