Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Viagogo news

273 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 21 to 40 of 274
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 > last
 Start a new topic
Post # 21
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 10:34
nancyhaven

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 160
Sorry, I'm not Viagogo so I don't know the answer to your question.
I suggest you listen to the radio and hopefully will get all the answers you need.
(Or you could try calling them which is what I did)

Quote nancyhaven Quote  Reply to nancyhaven Reply
Post # 22
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 10:39
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1764
Where is this programme advertised?
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 23
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 10:44
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
We'll listen in to BBC Radio 4 today

However, after seeing touting Olympic tickets by Viagogone spun as "collaborating" with the Spanish Olympic Committee, no doubt today will be turned into another slick spin exercise with few, if any, straight answers

Bearing in mind whoever is interviewed, even live, from Viagogone seems to have a "PR" expert giving them the answers to come out with at the time, it will make amusing listening if nothing else

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 24
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 10:53
nancyhaven

Quote from Medusa - 27th Apr 2012 10:39 View
Where is this programme advertised?

It's on the BBC Radio 4 website.

Post # 25
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 12:52
nancyhaven

Just listened to the radio programme and have to say that as far as I'm concerned nothing has changed, apart from the VAT rate which will be lower. I'm happy to use a company like Amazon which is in the same position so I suppose I would be happy to use Viagogo if the need arised.

As I said before - it all depends on which stand you take in relation to Viagogo. If you had trust in them before, you still will have and if you had no faith in them before you will feel exactly the same now.

Post # 26
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 12:55
harrytheo

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 316
Quote from Markland - 27th Apr 2012 10:44 View

Bearing in mind whoever is interviewed, even live, from Viagogone seems to have a "PR" expert giving them the answers to come out with at the time, it will make amusing listening if nothing else

The mosting amusing part was hearing Reg Walker omitting to give this website a shoutout AGAIN!

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 27
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 12:59
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1764
I think we should all be very concerned about the behaviour of Viagogo, why have they done all this behind closed doors? why have they done it so quietly?

If it was all legit they would have no reason not to be open, honest and transparent.

They are touting Olympic tickets and using the logo illegally, they have kept their customers in the dark about what they are up to - none of it adds up correctly.

I was pleased to hear that Festival Republic have distanced themselves and hope others will do the same.

It is not wise to buy from a site that is not subject to UK law.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 28
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 13:10
harrytheo

Topics: 7 Replies: 316
To be honest, I don't think they did this "behind closed doors" - that would not have been possible. They have moved their operations overseas and I think that this is probably done more often than you realise. It's just that you wouldn't notice because you are not particularily interested in any other sector.

They are using the logo of the Spanish Olympic Committee which they are in partnership with, therefore they are legally allowed to use it.

You didn't recommend their use before this latest move and I can't see any reason why you should change your stance or your mind but I don't think this necessarily makes them any more or less evil.

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 29
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 13:12
Markland

Quote from nancyhaven - 27th Apr 2012 12:52 View

As I said before - it all depends on which stand you take in relation to Viagogo. If you had trust in them before, you still will have and if you had no faith in them before you will feel exactly the same now.

How can you have any faith in a website and company that deceived the public over this fan to fan garbage and the fact that tens of thousands of tickets sold through it didn't come from fans, or even touts, but from unscrupulous promoters making a fast buck?

The whole viagogone brand is toxic

They have tried to give a clear impression that they are in partnership (which they are not), or "collaboration" (which they are), with the Spanish Olympic Committee and it turns out they have now been forced to admit they are not authorised ticket resellers

That means they are just the website providers on the face of things

Like the company the SOC had appointed couldnt sort its own website out?

Must be a pretty incompetant company then

Viagogone has simply fled the UK to avoid being subject to UK law

What tout in their right mind is going to sell their stock through viagogone if sports bodies and promoters can simply get a court order to find out where the tickets came from?

The whole move to Switzerland is simply to avoid UK legislation in respect of consumer protection, the sale of football ticket and the sale of olympic tickets

Why would you want to trust a brand like that?

Post # 30
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 14:24
arkleyali

Topics: 0 Replies: 114
As someone who has sold tickets on Viagogo may I make a personal comment?

This was absolutly NOT news to me and hasn't actually changed my perception of the company. I received my last payment from them two days ago - the correct amount and on time. I would have no problem with them giving my details to legal authorities in any country if they were required to do so.

If, as you say, Viagogo have fled the UK to avoid being subject to UK law, they are now subject to Swiss law. I DO trust them as they have never given me a reason not to. I am guessing that you have had a different experience with them.

By the way, the definition (according to The Oxford English Dictionary) of the verb " to collaborate" is "to work in partnership". So, two different words but only one meaning.

Quote arkleyali Quote  Reply to arkleyali Reply
Post # 31
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 14:25
This is me!
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
Really - I thought all that mattered is getting your tickets and that you were not getting scammed?!

Maybe I have made a mistake on what this forum is for? Thought you were trying to help people.

I dont particulary like Via but they basically do what it says on the tin - people get their tickets and life goes on?

Interesting how this has been on you and yours though - thinking a certain person has links into that program................one thing is for sure.............no matter how much you blow your own trumpet..........you are a silly little man with a badge.........nothing more and nothing less.

It would be nice to see this forum run with a non bias agenda..............

Quote This is me! Quote  Reply to This is me! Reply
Post # 32
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 15:32
Markland

Must admit listening to Ed Parkinson squirm over the question of whether viagogone had a limited company in the UK was interesting

Being forced to admit they didn't was even more interesting

Especially given that from various sources viagogone seem to be being looked at by both Police and HMRC

No wonder they moved lock stock and barrel outside of the UK and EU jurisdiction

As for not being scammed, being given a clearly false impression by platforms that you are buying tickets from other fans is a scam when you are in fact buying from touts and promoters doing back door deals

Its also highly likely to be illegal

Galling given that viagogone was one of the companies that for years has been crowing on about how open and transparent they are

As transparent as mud it turns out

Post # 33
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 15:48
arkleyali

In all honesty, I do think that as long as people get the tickets they want at the price they are prepared to pay they are really not that bothered who is selling them. They are now a Swiss-based company with premises in the UK. So what? Apart from a few people on this forum, I don't think there is a lot of interest in the whys and wherefores.

Why was there such a spike in sales on both Viagogo & Seatwave after the recent Channel 4 programme? I believe it was because people who had not heard of these companies before decided to look them up on the internet and give them a go. I don't know if a lunchtime radio 4 programme will have such an impact, but it will be interesting to see.

I thought that Ed Parkinson answered all the questions clearly and precisely. He seemed to me to be perfectly comfortable,articulate, assured and in complete command of the English language.

Post # 34
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 16:12
Markland

Quote from arkleyali - 27th Apr 2012 15:48 View

I thought that Ed Parkinson answered all the questions clearly and precisely. He seemed to me to be perfectly comfortable,articulate, assured and in complete command of the English language.

Yes very articulate

I particlarly liked the stuttering when he was asked about the UK limited company.......

Post # 35
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 21:19
arkleyali

Isn't it strange how two people can listen to the same thing and both hear something totally different? I didn't notice any stutter at all. Wonder what other people thought?

Once again - a noticable spike in Viagogo sales. So strange. Same thing happens when there is gloom and doom about the economy on the 10 o'clock news - people suddenly start buying tickets. Go figure.

Post # 36
Top Fri 27th Apr 2012 23:43
arrgee2011

Topics: 7 Replies: 205
Quote from arkleyali - 27th Apr 2012 15:48 View
In all honesty, I do think that as long as people get the tickets they want at the price they are prepared to pay they are really not that bothered who is selling them. 

Why was there such a spike in sales on both Viagogo & Seatwave after the recent Channel 4 programme? 

Agreed. I'm very happy with my Happy Mondays ticket that arrived this morning for £14.  £25 off the sale price.  

And my Field Day ticket for £15, Again £25 off the sale price.

There was a spike in sales because people found out where they could get tickets for sold out event often for less than face value.

Quote arrgee2011 Quote  Reply to arrgee2011 Reply
Post # 37
Top Sat 28th Apr 2012 00:06
Markland

I wonder if the people are happy who end up with invalid or counterfeit ticket and are turned away at venues after buying from viagogone and the other tout platforms?

Funny the pro tout platform lobby here seems to forget to mention those incidents and the fact that tout platforms like viagogone, despite their "guarantees", cannot tell if tickets sold are even valid or genuine!

Post # 38
Top Sat 28th Apr 2012 02:09
Dusty

Topics: 1 Replies: 127
It was a company they already owned....... What ARE you talking about Nancyhaven? Do you think companies are like domain names?

Couple of points:
Don't think the VAT position has changed.
In fact I don't think the tax position has changed at all.

In general terms, a company is treated as resident in the UK for tax purposes if:

■it is incorporated in the UK, or
■the central management and control of its business is exercised in the UK.
HMRC recognises that a company’s central management and control is a question of fact which refers to the highest level of control of a business and the place where the strategic management of the entity is exercised.

I'm assuming they still have UK offices and UK based directors.

Quote Dusty Quote  Reply to Dusty Reply
Post # 39
Top Sat 28th Apr 2012 02:20
Dusty

Topics: 1 Replies: 127
I have a question to all the resellers on here.
If the big4 went legitimate, would you still be a reseller?

To clarify 'legitimate' I mean observed the requirements of UK law for online trading. One of those requirements is that everyone who buys to sell has to display their name, geographical address and contact details alongside the tickets plus any company or VAT details.

I suspect Arkleyali wouldn't mind but what about the rest of you?

Quote Dusty Quote  Reply to Dusty Reply
Post # 40
Top Sat 28th Apr 2012 08:15
WhatTheF
View Profile

Topics: 5 Replies: 111

"I wonder if the people are happy who end up with invalid or counterfeit ticket and are turned away at venues after buying from viagogone and the other tout platforms?"

What 2%...5%....In the scheme of things thats nothing. Please dont tell me its some huge number and you obtained this from your O2 Arena contacts?

Every business has an elements of rejects and you will never get genuine unless its a primary.  I still cant believe your still stcuk in the sand thinking this is a major issue. It may be an issue but its not  as big as you make it out.

The number of times I've bought an electrical item, taken it home and it not working means I have to also lug it back to the store (pissed off and using more time) to get a refund. The end result is nearly the same. The expereience is bitter but you are refunded as a purchaser.

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 21 to 40 of 274
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 848 active users currently on the forum: 848 guests
Visitors Today: 2156
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely