Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

theticketwebsite.com

TheTicketWebsite.net (Stone Roses)
3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sat 23rd Jun 2012 16:36
RG
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 0

I bought 3 tickets to Heaton Park last October for the Stone Roses gig on the 1st July. I paid £350 in total. The tickets (I was told) would be despatched 14 days before the gig but they havent arrived so I went to try to access their site and was unable to. 

Ive since discovered that TheTicketWebsite.net may not be legit. If this is the case, what should I do? I paid for them on my debit card. Is it likely I'll get reimbursed?

Any comments appreciated.

RG

Quote RG Quote  Reply to RG Reply
Post # 2
Top Sat 23rd Jun 2012 17:04
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1768

So sorry to read your post, please do report this to Action Fraud. You will need to talk to your bank re chargeback, some banks are more cooperative than others.

All the information you need to help you can be found on our Ticket Safe pages - start with What to do if you are a victim of fraud - hope that helps.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 3
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 18:40
outofthisworld
Topics: 0 Replies: 1

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear you got caught up in this to, I found out last week and its gutting.  You will need to contact your bank and tell them what has happened.  They will then tell you that until the event has passed they are still "technically" in the post! Once the event has passed then you can fill in the relevent paperwork and hopefully, if you still have them, the emails that you had giving you payment confirmation.

I have also made a note of the website address and also this website so that my bank can see all the evidence that we have been scammed. Once you have contacted your bank then forwarded all the relevent evidence they will then investigate it and then a refund will be given.  I am with Natwest and I paid for one ticket on my Debit card and they have assured me that getting a refund on that ticket shouldnt be a problem, however, I also paid for another ticket on a credit card and they have said that due to it being over 6 months they will investigate but wont refund.  Apparantly its down to banks descretion.  Please can I strongly recommend that you also contact Action Fraud regarding this matter, its all very well getting money back but the disapointment of being let down is just as bad, they need to be stopped.

Quote outofthisworld Quote  Reply to outofthisworld Reply
Post # 4
Top Mon 27th May 2013 15:32
Hayden Byrne
Topics: 0 Replies: 5
Trusting a website without knowing about its genuineness is really a bit of foolish work. So, just be ware go with a trusted website ask people about it and then go for that website.

Quote Hayden Byrne Quote  Reply to Hayden Byrne Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
There are 827 active users currently on the forum: 827 guests
Visitors Today: 26728
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely