Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Aossatickets.com

Has anyone received there tickets for Bestival 2011???
71 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 41 to 60 of 72
< 1 2 3 4 > last
 Start a new topic
Post # 41
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 20:53
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
We've just seen what appears to be an email from aossa to someone who paid them for tickets

The email explains that they cannot deliver the tickets as their "ticket supplier" has let them down

Sound familiar?

Anyone who is let down by aossa for tickets should report the matter to Actionfraud.org.uk as soon as possible and obtain a crime reference number

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 42
Top Thu 14th Jun 2012 12:44
Oats

Rating: Busker
Topics: 0 Replies: 24
Actionfraud will not give you a crime reference number until after the 28 days they have quoted for the refund are passed. i know this as i just called them. they stiffed me over Peral Jam tickets and the people there who answer the phone are about much help as a chocolate kettle.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!

Quote Oats Quote  Reply to Oats Reply
Post # 43
Top Fri 15th Jun 2012 12:08
Markland

They should have given that it appears they obtained payment processing facilities using false information

Thats a crime in itself

Post # 44
Top Fri 15th Jun 2012 20:20
Markland

We've been having a discussion amongst ourselves today and just want to make a few points

This website is constantly read by various Police from around the UK as well as other agencies

We reported AOSSA to Police twice in 2011 and twice in 2012 with plenty of evidence of fraud

No action was taken

Even with constant reports of fraud by members of the public both here and elsewhere, Police appear to have taken no action whatsoever and the website remains up and still taking peoples money

Why?

Oh silly us, its nothing to do with Olympic tickets.........

Post # 45
Top Fri 15th Jun 2012 21:00
ackerman2406

Rating: Pop Star
Topics: 1 Replies: 70
Could it possibly be that our Police Force are totally undermanned and cannot cope with every report of fraud? They have to get their priorities right, and like it or not, when it comes to ticket fraud at the moment the Olympics will take precidence as the whole world is watching us.

....or it could just be that they are giving Aossa enough rope so that they can hang themselves.

Quote ackerman2406 Quote  Reply to ackerman2406 Reply
Post # 46
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 10:57
Markland

Police have always been undermanned, nothing new there

As for Olympic ticketing, there are numerous scams out there, including none existent Olympic tickets on ebay that Police refuse to take as a crime report!

What is infuriating is we seem to have over 100 detectives on this phone hacking rubbish and the Police can't spare a couple to look into a decent 6 figure fraud?

1 person in 12 in the UK is affected by ticket fraud

Call us old fashioned but we think the public should be protected from crime first, not a load of over bloated egotistical politicians, has beens and F list celebs from having their voice mail listened to

It looks like we have gone back to where we were 2 years ago with no resources to investigate large frauds that affect so many members of the public

We'd urge anyone that gets these emails saying "our ticket supplier has let us down" to report the site to Police and obtain a crime reference number

It looks like the only way to get any action against these scammers is to build up critical mass by reporting every single crime until something is done

if you suspect you have been a victim of fraud please make sure you report it to Actionfraud.gov.uk

Post # 47
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 12:55
arkleyali

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 0 Replies: 114
I do agree with you that it's a dreadful crime when people who think they have bought concert tickets have infact had their money stolen, but far worse things do happen and every citizen is entitled to protection no matter how rich or famous they are.

As far as the phone hacking scandel goes - in my opinion if it had taken 1,000 police officers to uncover the phone & email hacking of Milly Dowler's family, the families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan & Iran, the families of the those killed in the London bombings and Sara Payne, it would have been justified. I certainly wouldn't call the phone hacking scandal "rubbish", and I bet if you were a victim of it, you wouldn't either.

Quote arkleyali Quote  Reply to arkleyali Reply
Post # 48
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 15:10
arkleyali

"[quote name='Markland' date='16th Jun 2012 10:57 post='3~203252'#] 1 person in 12 in the UK is affected by ticket fraud"

Actually, it is only a guesstimate by the OFT that one in twelve tickets for music festitvals is fake.  Yes, I know that's one in twelve too many, but we must get these things in perspective.

Anyone who only reads the Red Tops would be forgiven for thinking that the phone-hacking scandal is about what the latest pop singer said to her boyfriend.  People who are more interested in current affairs realise this story is actually about how much influence a newspaper baron has on government policy.  That is something which affects 100% of the population - and that isn't a guesstimate, that's a fact.  So, if the police spend more man-power on that than anything else it's in the interest of us all.

Post # 49
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 17:07
WhatTheF
View Profile

Topics: 5 Replies: 111
1 in 12 tickets is a fake.

What bullshit. My god there is such bullshit on this forum sometimes!

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 50
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 17:50
arkleyali

One in 12 music festival tickets fake, says OFT
Duped fans lose average of £80
07 July 2010

Office of Fair Trading (OFT) is warning that one in 12 tickets sold for all UK music festivals are fakes.

According to the consumer watchdog, highly organised, mafia-style gangs are using websites that mimic those used by both bands and festivals in order to dupe music fans. The figures - from an unpublished study of ticket frauds at all of last year's music festivals - also reveals that people deceived lost an average of £80.

The above is pasted from the "Which" website. Don't shoot me - as I said, it's only a guesstimate. I'm always suspicious of surveys which haven't questioned me or anyone I know !!

Post # 51
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 18:04
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1766
I have to say, I do think that figure is rather high, there is a big problem with fake sites and fake tickets - but one in 12? not convinced, would like to know more about the study.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 52
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 18:16
arkleyali

Well, I don't know where you're going to get more details from as the OFT report was never published - only the facts that the survey covered 3,000 people and that the figures are from Festivals that took place in 2009. No other statistics available.

Post # 53
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 18:22
arkleyali

Quote from Markland - 16th Jun 2012 10:57 View

1 person in 12 in the UK is affected by ticket fraud

This is slightly misleading.  I doubt if one person in twelve in the UK has ever even bought a ticket, never mind been affected by ticket fraud.  Perhaps it should read "1 person in 12 in the UK who has bought a festival ticket is affected by ticket fraud".  Otherwise it looks like 5 million people have been affected.  Somehow I don't think this is correct.

Post # 54
Top Sat 16th Jun 2012 18:28
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1766
Interesting, wonder why the report was never published? There was quite a boom in on line ticket fraud back then.

Would be very interesting to know what the figures are now.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 55
Top Sun 17th Jun 2012 12:28
Markland

The OFT conducted a fair amount of research into touting and ticket fraud over a 2 year period

Might be worth asking the OFT if the reports were published?

The information we had at the time was that it was 1 person in 12 affected by ticket fraud not that one ticket in 12 for festivals was fake

So if person A purchased 6 tickets from a fraudulent website, then the other 5 people who were going to use the remaining tickets would also have been affected by ticket fraud

The figures would then make sense and a figure of 5 million people, given the sheer scale of some of the ticket frauds over the last few years, would not be impossible to reach

However 1 ticket in 12 being fake would be difficult if not impossible to verify

Many fake tickets at the time of the research were so good they passed examination by security at events where no ticket scanning technology was in use, so the problem is simply not quantifiable

Anyway getting back to the original point, the senior management in the Police should ensure these ticket frauds are investigated and not bat them off into the long grass to gather dust

it is not the fact that good hard working rank and file Police Officers don't want to get their teeth stuck into these crimes, they do, its the senior management in the Police not willing to resource investigations, or, in some instances, even be willing to record the crimes

In case they need reminding, the proceeds of crime from these ticket frauds goes to fund other forms of crime, including drugs, boiler room frauds, timeshare frauds to name but a few

Post # 56
Top Sun 17th Jun 2012 12:44
arkleyali

The information given out at the time by OFT was that 1 in 12 of all tickets to music festivals was fake. (You can easily check this out on the internet).
I think it's important to make this clear - it's not 1 in 12 people in the country that are affected. It's 1 in 12 of the people that bought tickets to music festivals in 2009.

Post # 57
Top Sun 17th Jun 2012 14:48
arkleyali

Quote from Markland - 17th Jun 2012 12:28 View

The figures would then make sense and a figure of 5 million people, given the sheer scale of some of the ticket frauds over the last few years, would not be impossible to reach

The figures quoted were for one year only (2009) - I don't think 5,000,000 is correct!!

Post # 58
Top Sun 17th Jun 2012 15:08
Markland

For one year it might be a smidgeon over the top!

Post # 59
Top Mon 18th Jun 2012 13:22
Oats

PLEASE CONTACT 08454 040506 AND GET THESE PEOPLE STOPPED

Post # 60
Top Tue 19th Jun 2012 15:03
Oats

Call them on that number ? WHAT ! Are you for real ? i have called that very number every single day dince they " cancelled " my tickets and have had not one decent person speak to me. this company is a disgrace, they are rude, they are arrogant and they have ripped me off. Panda you need to seek help as you obviously do not live in the same world as everybody else.

Jump to the top of the page Posts 41 to 60 of 72
< 1 2 3 4 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 477 active users currently on the forum: 477 guests
Visitors Today: 18629
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely