Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

buysell-mytickets.com

any info
18 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 19 of 19
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sat 22nd Oct 2011 16:30
DWN
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 5
Already feel a scam coming on, how stupid do I feel. Anyone with any feedback on buysellmytickets?

Quote DWN Quote  Reply to DWN Reply
Post # 2
Top Sat 22nd Oct 2011 17:57
harrytheo

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 316
Well, they ARE a limited company but that doesn't mean too much. Just means that if they went bankrupt they would have limited liability. On the plus side, their website has an address and a telephone number.
On the minus side - Seatwave could sue them at any time for stealing their intellectual copyright as they seem to have lifted their website design directly from them!
Have you tried calling them or did you just book tickets online?

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 3
Top Sun 23rd Oct 2011 09:28
DWN
I called them as soon as I made the transaction and did speak to someone. Made assurances to me about ticket trust etc and when I said 'yes but what if you go bankrupt?' their reply to that was 'in the four years of trading I have never been asked that question'. They were only set up in July this year! at the time I didn't know that. Gig isn't until June so anything could happen until then. I've never brought tickets in this way before, but surely if it states I have brought the tickets from a third party, then why do they not send on the confirmation they claim to have, from the original seller of the tickets. Because they don't have it I assume! This is horrible!

Post # 4
Top Sun 23rd Oct 2011 09:29
DWN
many thanks for your response btw

Post # 5
Top Sun 23rd Oct 2011 11:45
harrytheo

They've actually owned the domain name since 2007, although they only recently became a limited company, so they may be telling the truth when they say they've been in business for four years.

I don't want to influence you one way or the other - I am sure there are people more qualified than me who will give you a more detailed explanation.  I'm guessing you've already googled them to see if you can find any feedback about them?

Good luck!

Post # 6
Top Mon 24th Oct 2011 17:05
DWN
When I google them for feedback nothing comes up. If they have been operating for four years and haven't appeared to be a scam, then maybe there's hope.

Post # 7
Top Mon 24th Oct 2011 19:13
harrytheo

Well, not all secondary agents are crooks. Are they members of ASTA? You haven't said what gig you bought tickets for. Did you pay way over the odds? Or perhaps you actually paid less than face value - that's always something to worry about!  They are on the RED LIST here and the site mediators do seem to know what they're talking about and don't often get it wrong.
I really have no idea about this one and hope someone else will come up with some useful information for you.

Post # 8
Top Mon 24th Oct 2011 23:53
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
The sites to be suspicious of are the ones that pop up out of nowhere offering tickets at, or near, the top of the Google search for those tickets

They usually appear for high demand shows such as the Stone Roses, or for annual sellout events such as the V Festival or T in the Park

Over the last couple of years these sites have been appearing with limited companies that have been set up recently, with little, if any trading history

So a limited company is no longer any assurance that a site is not a scam

Its the old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" s beware of too good to be true offers

if the newspapers are reporting that an event has sold out in 2 hours, how do you think someone can be offering you as may tickets as you like for the same event at almost face value?

People also frequently assume that if a website is at the top of Google it is some form of assurance that it is legitimate

That is also not true

Scammers pay to be at or near the top of the Google search for certain types of tickets, and can afford to outbid legitimate companies to be there, as they have no intention of supplying tickets

Site checks such as Verisign etc are also worthless as they simply pay for those as well

The safest way to buy tickets is simply to check with event organisers or venues and ask them who the authorised outlets are and stick to those

Not all touts are crooks, we know several who actually run businesses that operate more ethically and lawfully than many companies in more conventional forms of business, but there are a small but significant numbers of touts who do frequently and regularly scam people

It is those groups and individuals who are making the buying of tickets such a minefield for the public year on year

Stick to authorised outlets and you can't go wrong

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 9
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 12:31
lilywhite
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
I bought tickets for Creamfields in August from the buysell-mytickets site as i couldnt get Sunday tickets anywhere.  Tickets did arrive so when looking for Stone Roses it was one of a number of websites i visited.  Prices seemed reasonable (compared to others) so have ordered my tickets for next June.  Didnt ring them, but i am confident they will come good on my tickets.  DWN, hope this helps?!  

And to Safe Concerts .. keep up the good work guys! Clap- This forum has been invaluable to me as I have to buy tickets for work incentives and you have steered me away from what could have been some very expensive mistakes (not to mention some very upset staff too)!!  As its now virtually impossible to buy tickets from primary sellers, we have all been forced to use other websites to get the tickets we need.  Before i buy any tickets i jump on here and see what has to be said! 

Quote lilywhite Quote  Reply to lilywhite Reply
Post # 10
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 12:54
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1769
Hey lilywhite

Thank you for your lovely comment, I'm glad we've been able to help in some small way.
I'm also horrified by your comment about how folk are being forced to buy from other sites, I'll try and follow this up with the primaries, this is an issue that needs addressing.

In the meantime folks - please buy from primaries whenever you can, anything else is a lottery, some are better than others but it's always a gamble outside of official sources.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 11
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 14:36
Markland

Buysell-mytickets.com appears to have one director, Phil Jones

I wonder if this is the same Phil Jones who had Totaltickets?

Post # 12
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 18:27
DWN
Thanks lilywhite, good to hear a bit of positive FB.
Markland, my thoughts were exactly that of yours, if the newspapers are reporting that an event has sold out in 2 hours, how do you think someone can be offering you as may tickets as you like for the same event at almost face value? it just doesn't stack up. The lady I spoke to said I could call her every day if I wanted to, yeah that's great until the day arrives when the phoneline just runs dead! Maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic, but it's hard not to be!
Also second how useful this website is!

Post # 13
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 18:28
DWN
uh oh, take it totaltickets was no good? too much of a coincedence surely!

Post # 14
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 18:30
Markland

Totaltickets went up the wall owing about a hefty 6 figure sum, might have been seven figures, still waiting on the final figure

Just the name was the same which is why I asked the question if its the same person

Hopefully they will respond and let us know one way or the other

Post # 15
Top Tue 25th Oct 2011 19:57
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1769
I don't blame you for being pessimistic DWN, the games played by these sites seem endless and they just don't stand up to scrutiny.

Glad the website has been useful and really hope we continue to be, we update the directory as often as we can but always tell people to be aware. The best thing is to only buy tickets from official sources which is not always easy we know. Unofficial sources are, at best, a lottery.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 16
Top Fri 3rd Aug 2012 11:30
no 1 uncle
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
hi guys,

Unlike a lot of people on here, i'm checking this company out first before buying anything from them!! Cannot find Creamfield tickets on any of the "primary sites", and a lot of whats on comes up as companys selling tickets on google search seem to have lots of negative comments on here .. what i would like to know "DWN" or "Lilywhite" is if you got your tickets and if any problems with them? Or any comments from others who have used these would be much appreciated before i hand over my hard earned cash!?

Quote no 1 uncle Quote  Reply to no 1 uncle Reply
Post # 17
Top Fri 3rd Aug 2012 12:56
nancyhaven

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 160
no 1 uncle,

DON'T DO IT!!

It may be a professional looking website, but that's because they have copied the template from Seatwave!!

Quote nancyhaven Quote  Reply to nancyhaven Reply
Post # 18
Top Mon 6th Aug 2012 11:31
lilywhite
no 1 uncle,

i ordered 3 day creamfields camping from buysell-mytickets again this year. didnt want to reply to you until i had them in my hand. Royal Mail made attempted delivery to me on Saturday morning and i collected them on my way to work this morning!

I couldnt find 3 day camping on any of the primary sites hence having to use their site again, but if you are looking for day tickets, i think that Ticketmaster still have some available?! As always try the primary sites first.

I can only comment on my experiences with them (and so far no problems with my 3 orders).

Dont know how DWN ever got on with his/her experience, but then again, if people get what they paid for and have no other problems i suppose why would they come back on here??!

Best of luck with your ticket hunting and please let us know if everything went ok for you!

Post # 19
Top Mon 3rd Sep 2012 11:55
lilywhite

Just want to make a comment on this regarding the Creamfields refund!!  I sent a mail over the weekend regarding refunds for the Sunday, and spoke to someone this morning.  They are looking for tickets to be returned to them and their accounts dept will refund the card as per creamfields site notice.  Need to send tickets back by royal mail special and they will refund this amont (£6.00) also. 

Just in case anyone new is on here looking to know what to do!!  Will update as soon as money is back in my account!  Not sure how  "no 1 uncle" got on with his tickets, must of been looking for day tickets and able to get from primarys?!

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 19 of 19
 Start a new topic
There are 648 active users currently on the forum: 648 guests
Visitors Today: 26249
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely