Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Pearl Jam ticket failure with Aossa

Anyone else been let down by Aossa?
45 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 46
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 8th Jun 2012 12:16
Music-gigger
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 1

Just curious to see how many others have been let down by Aossa with tickets for Pearl Jam; Manchester or elsewhere?

I have no hopes of resolution, but wanted to get a feel for how many people have been similarly affected. They came up with the excuse that the tickets had been oversubscribed by their supplier and, therefore, that they had not received their expected allocation.  I am highly dubious about this. It is either an incredibly incompetent business operation, or an outright scam to reap, at least, interest on the ticket price over several months, and, depending upon whether we ever see a refund, potentially the full ticket price.

Quote Music-gigger Quote  Reply to Music-gigger Reply
Post # 2
Top Fri 8th Jun 2012 19:26
Oats

Rating: Busker
Topics: 0 Replies: 24
Yep , purchased the tickets in December, only to be told today that they have been cancelled and we have to wait 28 days for a refund. total and utter joke of a company, i called them to sort out my refund and explain that the card that they had been paid for on has been cancelled , their response was" its fine we will sort out your refund, bye" HOW ? how can you sort out a refund you idiots ? the card has been cancelled. called back and spoke to another extremely rude woman. This company are an utter joke, i suspect we can all kiss goodbye to our refunds. they have sat on our money for 6 months reaping the interest while we pay interest on our credit card bills. if they were local to me i would be paying them an extremely angry visit. If anyone on this site is nearby to them , please pop down and express your disgust at how they are treating paying customers. I am seriously out of pocket now. Time off work, babysitters , Hotels all sorted and paid for. now no tickets for the gig that my wife bought as a xmas present. AOSSA you are a joke and a sham and tehy way you have treated people is the lowest of the low.

Quote Oats Quote  Reply to Oats Reply
Post # 3
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 13:06
Emmalouisewalsh
Topics: 0 Replies: 5

I've had the same issue this morning. I called them to see why I hadn't received my tickets to be told in a very rude manner that I wouldnt be receiving my tickets and I could have a refund in 28 days. I am absolutely disgusted with this company and I doubt I'll ever see my money again. I bought them as a gift for a friends 21st which is now ruined. If anyone manages to secure a refund, I'll be suprised. Shocking service.

Quote Emmalouisewalsh Quote  Reply to Emmalouisewalsh Reply
Post # 4
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 13:12
Oats

i spoke to them again this morning, they have said that my refund would be processed shortly so i will keep you all updated.

Post # 5
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 13:45
nancyhaven

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 160
This is disgraceful. Make sure you all report it to Actionfraud.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a refund from Aossa. You will be able to get a refund from your credit card company, and in some instances you will also be able to get a refund if you paid by debit card - ask for a chargeback from your bank. Normally this can only be processed once the gig has come and gone, because only then can you say for certain that you have been conned.

Quote nancyhaven Quote  Reply to nancyhaven Reply
Post # 6
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 13:57
Oats

IF only it was that easy, the credit card we used to purchase them has long since been transfered and cancelled.

Post # 7
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 14:00
nancyhaven

At least make sure that you report it to Actionfraud.
Apart from that I'm afraid I've not got any further advice.

Would it be practical to visit their offices and demand a cheque?

Post # 8
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 14:02
Oats

Believe me i would LOVE to visit their offices but its not practical. i have given them the card i want it to be refunded to and have given them a 7 day dedline so we shall see what happens.

Post # 9
Top Mon 11th Jun 2012 19:15
nancyhaven

What a horrible situation.  Hope everything resolves itself.

Post # 10
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 11:49
Emmalouisewalsh
Topics: 0 Replies: 5
I'm not getting anywhere with details on how to receive my refund from Aossa. I've reported them to trading standards and action fraud. I am now going to attempt to get a refund via my bank as I paid on debit card as I doubt Aossa are going to refund anything. I just don;t see how they can legally take payment for tickets they have not received to sell on? Its frustrating.

Quote Emmalouisewalsh Quote  Reply to Emmalouisewalsh Reply
Post # 11
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 11:57
nancyhaven

Ask your bank for a chargeback on your debit card. They may tell you that you have to wait until the concert has been and gone.

Post # 12
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 12:03
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1758
Hi Emma

It's very frustrating, we've been warning about this site for some time now and it's really sad to hear that people are getting caught out by them - just as we expected really.

Have a look around the ticket safe pages on this site - it will tell you all you need to know about getting a refund, good on you for reporting them.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 13
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 16:53
becks
Topics: 0 Replies: 1

Hiya
Can't quite believe it-website seemed fine when I bought the tickets and the staff were very helpful. Today got e-mail saying wouldn't be receiving the tickets-what made me laugh is they say you get 25% discount next time you buy tickets!!! When I phoned the women was very rude-she did not even apologise. What gets me is that I was on the internet the morning the tickets came out and they had sold out-a great majority are on e-bay-this NEEDS to be stopped.

Quote becks Quote  Reply to becks Reply
Post # 14
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 18:30
BlueBell
Topics: 0 Replies: 4
Booked and paid for x2 Pearl Jam tickets in Dec 2011 for concert in Manchester 20 June 2012.

Have just received an e-mail today stating that the booking has been cancelled!!!

The e-mail read:

"We have unfortunately had to cancel your booking with AossaTickets.com for the following event - . Our company sincerely apologises about this rare situation that has arisen but the matter is out of Aossa Tickets control. Our main supplier has just informed us that they have oversubscribed the allocation of tickets promised to Aossatickets.com for this event, which has resulted in our company not receiving the full requested allocation promised.

It’s due to over subscription, your one of a handful of tickets.

Our customer representatives will be working very hard with you to resolve this situation at the earliest opportunity. We need to take some firm instructions from you with the options provided below to resolve this issue:

· OPTION : 1

Request a full refund for the price paid for the ticket to your requested event.

· OPTION : 2

Request to book the same event but on an alternative date than the one chosen. You will need to discuss this option with the customer representative at Aossatickets.com to ensure we have availability.

Aossa Tickets will again like to the opportunity to sincerely apologise about having to cancel your tickets to your requested event. Due to the inconvenience caused we will provide you with a 25% discount on your next order with Aossatickets.com."

I phoned them and was met with a "couldn't care less" attitude from the first "Customer Service" agent that I spoke to (Lucy Turner). I asked to be escalated to a manager and was told that there was no one in today apart from Customer Services!! I then got passed to her colleague who also gave me the same "couldn't care less" attitude (Eve Jones).

Eve told me that there was simply nothing they could do, it wasn't their fault and that they had not been given the majority of their allocation - strange the e-mail says that my tickets were one of only a handful that could not be allocated. The e-mail also says that their "Customer Service" Agents will be working very hard with me to resolve the issue. REALLY???? The only thing they seemed to be working very hard to do was to stop themselves from yawning whilst taking my call.

Option 2 was also a joke as they said they did not have any other tickets available but if I searched the internet I may find some on TicketMaster still!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!! Are these people for real or what???? If there where still tickets out there, then why are they not acquiring them for their customers who have already bought and paid for the them??? Not their responsibility apparently as they would be out of pocket if they did this!!!

Eve then told me that it was impossible to pass my call to a manager as there was physically no one there!! All they could do was say sorry and refund my money after 28 days!! However, I was welcome to call back tomorrow to see if a manager might be in to take my call!!!!!

I have to say AossaTickets your offer of a 25% discount on my next order can be shoved right up where the sun don't shine!!!! Do you really think I'm EVER going to use you again????

BE WARNED - this company is a joke!!! DO NOT USE THEM - don't end up like me and have to buy tickets again at over inflated prices in order to avoid loss of hotel bookings and a surprise birthday weekend celebration!!!!!!!!

I have asked for a call back from the so called Support Manager Annabel Ashley or the Managing Director Peter DeHavalind but I doubt that will happen!! I've now had to pay £178 today to replace the two tickets that they have failed to supply and the best they could do was say sorry, it's not our fault but we'll refund you after 28 days!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Quote BlueBell Quote  Reply to BlueBell Reply
Post # 15
Top Tue 12th Jun 2012 21:05
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Report the matter to Actionfraud.org.uk

Aossa has no allocation of tickets for any event that we can find and we have contacted all of the UKs major promoters to check that

Aossa has already had two merchant services terminated on suspicion of fraud

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 16
Top Wed 13th Jun 2012 00:22
V For Vienetta
Also been taken in by these people. Scam or sham, either way, aossa are nothing but a joke!

DO NOT EVER USE AOSSA!

Quote V For Vienetta Quote  Reply to V For Vienetta Reply
Post # 17
Top Wed 13th Jun 2012 10:36
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1758
Please can everybody make sure they report them to http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 18
Top Wed 13th Jun 2012 18:40
BlueBell
Topics: 0 Replies: 4

I continue to call to Aossa but still get met with the same "couldn't care less" attitude and continue to be told no managers are in and to call again tomorrow. E-mails also remain unanswered.

Have completed the ActionFraud online report and now have my crime reference number. Have also reported them to ConsumerAdvice / Brighton Trading Standards and Watchdog. I would urge everyone else affected by them to do the same as the more reports that are received from individuals affected the more seriously the matter will be taken.

On a more positive note I have today received e-mail confirmation from Seatwave that my replacement tickets have been disptached complete with a Royal Mail tracking number, shame it's cost me another £178.00 but at least a surprise birthday celebration has not been completely ruined. As they say, you live and learn from your mistakes. I hope justice will be served on Aossa one day!

Quote BlueBell Quote  Reply to BlueBell Reply
Post # 19
Top Fri 15th Jun 2012 10:07
Hu Flung Dung

It doesn't matter that your card has been transferred of cancelled - still call your card company!

Quote Hu Flung Dung Quote  Reply to Hu Flung Dung Reply
Post # 20
Top Fri 15th Jun 2012 12:14
Oats

i have called them every single day since i got the cancellation email. same attitude, same crap everyday, no manager avilable, blah blah blah

will go through the card company , but everyone PLEASE report these people , they are fraudsters, if they were actually genuine they would at least try and do something to help us out or put our minds at ease.

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 46
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 894 active users currently on the forum: 894 guests
Visitors Today: 20776
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely