Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

ABBOTTS TRAVEL LIMITED Are a rip off!!

87 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 41 to 60 of 88
< 1 2 3 4 5 > last
 Start a new topic
Post # 41
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 17:46
thandibabe

Rating: Busker
Topics: 1 Replies: 10
I got the same response from companies house. He did send me few personal emails(he knows who i am) on my private email address .asking me to remove my comments as apparently i was being unreasonable !!Interesting that i never heard back from him once i sent him all the original emails begging for my tickets.
He might think this is over. But have spoken to the police today and they are very sympathetic and they have asked for all the correspondence..We should maybe all club together and get a solicitor onto him.
I am so sorry for all of you who have lost your tickets..

Quote thandibabe Quote  Reply to thandibabe Reply
Post # 42
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 18:36
Sonny
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 4
Companies house also told me today the same thing , thier will be no compensation! They dissolved it because he hadn't sent Files or something to them that were due in December ! So abbotts lying again , saying he wouldn't put his family through this and have his name dragged through mud and that he would be shutting down the business ! Erm don't think so ! What about telling the story to BBc watchdog - rogue traders ??? Would they not be interested ? Especially as his Conman activities have been going on since 2003.

Quote Sonny Quote  Reply to Sonny Reply
Post # 43
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 18:57
harrytheo

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 7 Replies: 316
Your very best bet is to call Actionfraud on 0300 123 2040, get a crime reference number and concentrate on getting your money back.

To be honest, don't think Watchdog or Rogue Traders will be that interested in a company that is no longer trading.

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 44
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 19:19
Sonny
II have both a crime and reference number now but companies house says I won't get any money back but thanks .

Post # 45
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 20:19
harrytheo

Topics: 7 Replies: 316
Sorry Sonny,

I wasn't clear enough. I meant you can get your money back from the credit card company. If you paid with a debit card, ask the bank for a CHARGE BACK.

Quote harrytheo Quote  Reply to harrytheo Reply
Post # 46
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 23:04
julie thompson
Topics: 0 Replies: 9

Hi guys

Been absolutely gutted today since found out that scumbag Abbott lied and no Roses tickets arriving. Cant believe his previous posted messages trying to play the victim. Agree we should all get together and sue the sicko who obviously rips off innocent people, including the elderly, to line his own pockets.

I forked out more money for 2 more tickets tonight from a reputable source because I was determined that I would attend the concert rather than sit at home all weekend in tears.

My late grandmother once told me 'When you grow up dont step on those on your way up as you'll meet them on the way back down'

Well I cant wait for the day I meet Chris Abbott on his way back down because right now I wouldnt spit on him if he was on fire.

I phoned the Action fraud line tonight and although they were very sympathetic they said that there was nothing that I could do because I purchased the tickets when the company was solvent. But as the company has now been dissolved I can not file a complaint for fraud. Shame really but I wont rest until I get justice!!

Quote julie thompson Quote  Reply to julie thompson Reply
Post # 47
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 23:18
Smudger
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
My wife and I have also fallen foul of this shameless Abbott character and heard all the flannel. Unfortunately we paid by cheque and so don't anticipate any compensation. We'd be grateful if anyone could provide clarification on this. The really frustrating thing is we were offered tickets at face value by a friend of mine in January who is unable to attend, but had no reason to be concerned at that time and didn't purchase. Just hope there's some sort of decent 'conclusion' to the whole affair??

Quote Smudger Quote  Reply to Smudger Reply
Post # 48
Top Tue 26th Jun 2012 23:50
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1769
Well - still think "we got it wrong" nancy?

This man has yet again ripped off innocent ticket buyers.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 49
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 08:24
nancyhaven

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 160
Quote from Medusa - 26th Jun 2012 23:50 View
Well - still think "we got it wrong" nancy?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

Quote nancyhaven Quote  Reply to nancyhaven Reply
Post # 50
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 14:21
Rosesforjustice
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
I've been in touch with trading standards:
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm
and action fraud
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
I suggest that everyone else who has been affected do likewise, hopefully we can bring this guy to justice.

Considering his track record it does not seem at all worthwhile trying to take his company out of solvency, he won't be forthcoming with the cash.

If you paid by credit card or debit card you may be able to get your money back, but if, like me, you were foolish enough to give your bank details you can kiss goodbye to your cash I'm afraid.

Here is a re-post of Medusa's research in case you haven't found it (cheers Medusa - this made it all clear!)

From the Birmingham Mail - Great Barr boss faces trading standard probe into two companies
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/10/15/great-barr-hospitality-manager-chris-abbotts-faces-an-investigation-by-birmingham-trading-standards-over-alleged-malpractice-97319-29599265/

Article: FOOTBALL TICKETS PROBE. Alleged scam is traced back to Birmingham.(News)
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-92608155.html

Another story here - Conman's at it again -
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/2003/06/26/conman-s-at-it-again-50002-13112547/

And another story here - A catalogue of complaints -
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/archive/content_objectid=13112551_method=full_siteid=50002_headline=-A-catalogue-of-complaints-name_page.html

It might also be worth getting in touch with one or more of these newspapers to make sure he's exposed.

If this guy isn't an intentional fraudster (lol - irony fully intended!), then he's the most disastrous idiot to ever to have been granted a license to trade and should be struck off for that alone!!

Quote Rosesforjustice Quote  Reply to Rosesforjustice Reply
Post # 51
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 16:06
Sonny
Hey I've just phoned the newspaper and hopefully someone is going to ring back ! I feel so frustrated for myself and everyone else who's been ripped off! And don't understand why he can't be brought to justice for this and why he hasn't been already after all the years he's been doing this .

Post # 52
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 22:37
julie thompson
mmmm! newspapers!! what a good idea, I will contact a few of the big ones tomorrow and ask them to read our comments. Im sure a lovely big newspaper article would encourage more innocent victims to come forward. Especially those who dont have access to the internet then the fraudster can be exposed to the whole of the UK. We may all have the last laugh yet because Im like a dog with a bone at the moment wanting justice for all of us..

Once Ive contacted them I will leave an update on this site tomorrow!! Best wishes to everyone and hope that somehow you are able to find a way to attend the forthcoming events you were so cruelly robbed of xx

Post # 53
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 23:27
julie thompson
Hi guys

Some info for anyone interested in exposing Chris Abbotts for what he really is as I believe we are more powerful in numbers. Im sure if many of us told them our story they would be interested so I intend ringing them tomorrow..

Daily Mirror tel no. 0800 282 591 ask for Andrew Penman or Nick Sommerlad or email them at investigate@mirror.co.uk.

The Sun tel no 020 7782 4100 or 0161 228 0210

Post # 54
Top Fri 29th Jun 2012 13:38
Wild1
Topics: 0 Replies: 2

I am one of the customers who never received the tickets for Bruce Springsteen concert Manchester.  I was sent an email by Abbotts Travel to say they would be refunding my money on Monday - I have waited and waited and it is now Friday - no refund.  Not only that -  no responses to my emails, and the phone number that I had been able to reach them on 02072052146 is now not available!  Does anyone have a phone number that is available - I have been dealing with Stuart and Colin?

Sorry Abbotts Travel - but you really don't do yourself any favours!  Rip Off - I'm beginning to agree!

Quote Wild1 Quote  Reply to Wild1 Reply
Post # 55
Top Fri 29th Jun 2012 15:36
thandibabe

Rating: Busker
Topics: 1 Replies: 10
who where your tickets sent to by mistake it wasn't a k parsonage by any chance, contact the police. he stole your money!!!!!!!

Quote thandibabe Quote  Reply to thandibabe Reply
Post # 56
Top Fri 29th Jun 2012 15:54
Wild1
Topics: 0 Replies: 2

Yes, my tickets supposedly went to K Parsonage!  So my money has gone!  Have reported to Fraud Crime.  

Quote Wild1 Quote  Reply to Wild1 Reply
Post # 57
Top Sun 1st Jul 2012 07:14
julie thompson
No reply from Newspapers yet so will chase up tomorrow.

Last night was on teletext entertainment news about ticket scammers for roses concert but no mention of abbotts travel so I will be one of the victims who will name and shame them if it kills me!

No point moaning about them then sit back and do nothing.

Post # 58
Top Sun 1st Jul 2012 15:34
julie thompson
Hi guys

View Martin Lewis's Moneysavingexpert.com. It gives you advice on what methods of payment you can claim a refund for ticket scams. Search chargeback. It seems that most banks would not cover you for a refund if made by a debit card but under Section 75 of Consumers act you may be able to claim even if you hit a brick wall with your bank or card provider. I seems that if a debit card has visa on it then under section 75 you have the same protection as VISA credit cards. The template of how to send your letter to your bank is also on the money saving expert website. Good luck! worth a try!

Post # 59
Top Tue 3rd Jul 2012 21:35
julie thompson
still waiting for response from The Sun, will chase up tomorrow and keep you posted. A few more victims have come forward and are also ringing the Sun tomorrow.

Post # 60
Top Wed 4th Jul 2012 12:45
roseyposey

Topics: 11 Replies: 302
I know the situation is beyond dreadful, but because they have gone into liquidation they haven't actually done anything illegal.

Quote roseyposey Quote  Reply to roseyposey Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 41 to 60 of 88
< 1 2 3 4 5 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 1035 active users currently on the forum: 1035 guests
Visitors Today: 35619
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely