Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

www.secretmusic.co.uk

26 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 27
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Wed 27th Jun 2012 20:19
monkeyjojo
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 0

Hi there - I'm new here.

Has anyone on here bought any tickets from www.secretmusic.co.uk?

Can't seem to find any info on here about it.  They claim to sell tickets at near enough  face value but you can't pay by credit card/debit card so you have to transfer funds into a bank account.

The website looks pretty professional - apart from a few spelling mistakes here and there.

If it's legit it's a good deal but alarm bells are ringing at the back of my mind.

Any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers Jo

Quote monkeyjojo Quote  Reply to monkeyjojo Reply
Post # 2
Top Wed 27th Jun 2012 22:39
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1769

Hi monkeyjojo

Thanks for pointing this one out to us, we haven't come across it before. It's registered to a Lee Smith, Montpelier Street, Knightsbridge, London.

There are a number of things we don't like about it - the prime one being the fact that you have to pay by bank transfer - rings big alarm bells to us.

They are not VAT registered, tha's not right.

There are no proper contact details on the site.

They also seek to make members pay for membership

There is no such thing as "free gigs" on a regular basis

Their terms and conditions say that they accept no responsibility for anything...

We don't like the spelling errors on a site like this

Time will tell but we wouldn't touch it with a bargepole...

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 3
Top Fri 13th Jul 2012 10:12
Lauraloop
Topics: 0 Replies: 1

Hi,

I wondered since you posted this message whether you did use 'secretmusic.co.uk' to buy tickets and if you have a review for them?

Thanks,

Laura

Quote Lauraloop Quote  Reply to Lauraloop Reply
Post # 4
Top Tue 17th Jul 2012 14:12
Helcat
Hey guys I bought tickets from them the other day for the M83 gig last night at Somerset House and it all worked out fine in the end - they even threw in a free ticket as there was a delay in getting mine to me - legends!!

Would recommend and use again, just be aware their communication might be minimal, but they'll try their best to look after you and their heart seems to be in the right place.

Check out my review here:

http://www.safeconcerts.com/tickets/directory/secretmusic-co-uk/?clear=y

Helen :)

Quote Helcat Quote  Reply to Helcat Reply
Post # 5
Top Tue 17th Jul 2012 15:34
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
What worries me about secret music.co.uk is the total lack of contact details

No address, no company details, nothing

The domain registrants details are also equally vague

Initially it gave its address as Montpelier Street in London

No number, no business details etc

Now its changed to an office complex with a virtual office service in Hammersmith

Again just a persons name, no business details etc, so no way of verifying who is behind the website

Consumer Direct has been very clear on its advice when buying online, and that advice recommended that you only buy from companies with full details, a tangible address and a VAT number

Until those details are present and verifiable, people should avoid secret music.co.uk

Without them you have no recourse if things go wrong

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 6
Top Tue 17th Jul 2012 18:47
Medusa
View Profile

I would not recommend this site to anyone at the moment, there are too many doubts for it to be a trusted site.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Post # 7
Top Fri 27th Jul 2012 12:59
Cola7
Topics: 1 Replies: 2
DO NOT USE!!!!
They didn't send me my tickets and they still have not refunded me despite emailing me to say they would.

I ordered a Secret Garden Party Ticket from them in June for £150.

They seemed quite genuine in their responses initially with receipts and responses. However I had to keep chasing them about the whereabouts of the ticket even up to 2 days before the festival. They replied to say they had problems getting names printed on tickets so they would send me a full refund but wanted my bank account details. I had already transferred the money to them via online banking so they should have been able to refund me without me doing this. I was wary to give them my full account details and I have emailed them several times since the start of the festival which was over last week and I haven't heard anything back.

I have contacted the bank and they will dispute the payment and contact the police.

Quote Cola7 Quote  Reply to Cola7 Reply
Post # 8
Top Thu 2nd Aug 2012 12:41
Searly
Topics: 0 Replies: 4

I too have been scammed by secret music to the cost of £450 for three tickets to the recent Secret Garden Party. 

At first all was seemingly above board, and in our initial email contact they seemed offended at my suggestion that there are a lot of scam sites out there, and theirs appeared too good to be true! I was concerned with the spelling mistakes etc, but thought no I will give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I have had what seemed like genuinely apologetic emails about their failure to deliver after confusion with printed names on tickets, but only a day or two before the festival, which was a special occasion.  Mildly inconvenient to say the least...

I actually bought two bonafide tickets from the official site as some late ones were released.  Secret Music told me I would get my refund last week, and then I received a further investigation email, and since then I have mailed them at least every other day, and nothing has come back. 

I am going to try my bank tomorrow, I paid with my debit card - am wondering what the outcome will be? 

Very disappointing...

Quote Searly Quote  Reply to Searly Reply
Post # 9
Top Thu 2nd Aug 2012 16:36
Medusa
View Profile

Hi there Searly

Sorry to hear your story - we are concerned about this one.
Please do report them to Action Fraud - all the information you need is on our what to do if you are a victim of fraud page

Hope that helps and please let us know what happens.

Post # 10
Top Sun 5th Aug 2012 10:22
bobby harris
I've used them twice and received my tickets on both occasions. Just found this website an a little shocked by the negativity!!! From my experience they mean well and are just a young company. I can only go on the fact that they came good for me with no hassle what so ever with tickets at a price I could never get else where. They seem anything but your standard touts.

Sorry to hear that others have had problems. I never purchased SGP tickets maybe it was just those?

Quote bobby harris Quote  Reply to bobby harris Reply
Post # 11
Top Sun 5th Aug 2012 19:07
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
Maybe its just that there are no contact details on secretmusic.co.uk, no limited company, no VAT number and what appear to be false or incomplete registration details for the domain name?

Everything that Consumerdirect recommends you find on a website before you purchase anything from it.....

People would be well advised to steer clear of it given the experiences posted here and the lack of details about who, and what, secretmusic really is

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 12
Top Mon 20th Aug 2012 13:51
sozimo
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
I bought 2 Rihanna Wireless Tickets at secretmusic.co.uk and did not received my tickets. I paid the tickets in June and I still have not received my refund until now. I have been constantly emailing their admin and it is either no reply, or saying that my refund is being processed.

The website is now closed. I received an email from the owner saying that alot of the employees have messed up and since he is not making any profit, he decided to close the company.

I regret using this website and I hope I still get my money back!

Quote sozimo Quote  Reply to sozimo Reply
Post # 13
Top Thu 23rd Aug 2012 21:02
Prudence
They have closed www.secretmusic.co.uk but they have now opened http://www.ec1tickets.co.uk instead - if you google any part of ec1tickets.co.uk 'policy' or 'terms and conditions' you'll find links to secretmusic.co.uk , so I guess it's the same criminals.

Quote Prudence Quote  Reply to Prudence Reply
Post # 14
Top Thu 23rd Aug 2012 22:47
Medusa
View Profile

Thanks for letting us know Prudence, I've added it to the directory and will also post a new thread to warn people. The registrant is the same person behind secretmusic - Oliver Francis.

Post # 15
Top Mon 27th Aug 2012 15:05
nxd123nxd
Topics: 0 Replies: 6
I bought 2 tickets in April for the Lady Gaga concert. They were £140! It got nearer and nearer to the date of the concert so I said that I'd contact the police about them not sending them. They said they'd send them in within 14 days and they haven't. Now they said they won't send them to me and I should fill out the refund form. So I have loads of times with no luck. I'm going to the police some time this week though. The concert is in 2 weeks :(

Quote nxd123nxd Quote  Reply to nxd123nxd Reply
Post # 16
Top Wed 5th Sep 2012 07:56
Air77

Thanks very much for this - I have filled out the Fraud forms.

DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON!!! Lost money - not to be trusted. I hope the catch the person!!!

Quote Air77 Quote  Reply to Air77 Reply
Post # 17
Top Wed 5th Sep 2012 16:33
Paperchayne
Topics: 0 Replies: 4

Post # 15
Top Mon 27th Aug 2012 15:05
nxd123nxd
I bought 2 tickets in April for the Lady Gaga concert. They were £140! It got nearer and nearer to the date of the concert so I said that I'd contact the police about them not sending them. They said they'd send them in within 14 days and they haven't. Now they said they won't send them to me and I should fill out the refund form. So I have loads of times with no luck. I'm going to the police some time this week though. The concert is in 2 weeks :(

I also bought for the lady gaga concert paying out £280. They haven't replied to any of my emails, so it seems we've been scammed.

what steps are you now taking, as I am willing to support your process, and take similar action

Regards

Quote Paperchayne Quote  Reply to Paperchayne Reply
Post # 18
Top Thu 6th Sep 2012 15:46
nxd123nxd

I emailed Gumtree as that's where I found his advertisement at first, they gave me his personal email for Gumtree and his IP address:

email account with Gumtree: harrymorgan80@aol.co.uk

IP: 82.5.118.80

I looked online at his IP and he's located in Dagenham

Post # 19
Top Fri 7th Sep 2012 18:44
JerseyJohn
I too have been a victim of this website. I bought 4 Killers tickets, again found through Gumtree. Very interested to know if he can be located through this. I have reported through the fraud reporting etc.

Seen that the website has also gone down now. Slightly concerned that I filled in the refund request, given it again asks for your bank details, but don't think he can do anything with them hopefully.

I'm assuming I won't see this money again, but please let me know if there is anything else I should be doing!

Quote JerseyJohn Quote  Reply to JerseyJohn Reply
Post # 20
Top Sat 8th Sep 2012 02:01
nxd123nxd
Quote from JerseyJohn - 7th Sep 2012 18:44 View
I too have been a victim of this website. I bought 4 Killers tickets, again found through Gumtree. Very interested to know if he can be located through this. I have reported through the fraud reporting etc.

Seen that the website has also gone down now. Slightly concerned that I filled in the refund request, given it again asks for your bank details, but don't think he can do anything with them hopefully.

I'm assuming I won't see this money again, but please let me know if there is anything else I should be doing!

Read my posts, go onto actionfraud.org.uk and fill out a form or ring

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 27
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 604 active users currently on the forum: 604 guests
Visitors Today: 10115
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely