Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Viagogo.co.uk ticket never arrived for Patti Smith concert in Amsterdam

Ticket never arrived
12 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sat 14th Jul 2012 13:06
genejr
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 0

This was the first time in my life I did not receive the ticket I ordered on time and was not able to attend a concert!  I've ordered dozens of times concert tickets through the net.  No problem.

On June 27 before the concert  on July 7 in Paradiso, Amsterdam of Patti Smith I began receiving mesaages from viagogo that UPS would deliver the tickets registered mail from England.  The tracking nr. didn't work.  Also a phone number in England I never got through to but had to pay for the call. We exchanged e-mails until July 6 when they admitted it would not arrive.

The ticket never arrived, nor did UPS put a letter in the mailbox saying that it had been delivered to my neighbors or elsewhere.  I went to a couple neighbors to ask, anyway.  

I've requested transport and a ticket to her concert elsewhere in Europe.  

I await an explanation, as viagogo wanted 10 business days for the "investigation" from July 6. I'll let the forum know after July 18 what has happened, according to them.  I leave open all possibilities open and don't want to point the finger....yet. They have a "guarantee" and mentioned in their last e-mail that they want to find a "suitable resolution". 

NOTE:  All other tickets I've purchased on the net, I was sent a pdf file including barcode, to print out--it always worked.

Quote genejr Quote  Reply to genejr Reply
Post # 2
Top Sat 14th Jul 2012 15:27
Markland

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
This is exactly the point many of us have tried to make for ages

The "guarantees" from sites such as viagogo, seatwave etc are worthless

They cannot "guarantee" anything

Would be great if you could let us know the outcome of their "investigation"

Doesn't alter the fact though that you have had all the disappointment of not being able to see Patti Smith live courtesy of viagogo and its worthless guarantees

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 3
Top Sat 14th Jul 2012 15:55
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1755

Hi genejr

I am so sorry to hear your story. Derren and I have been very concerned about these sites since we started our Ticket Safe part of the site and we do not recommend them, your story highlights the reasons why.

We have also said that the 'guarantee' they push so hard to make people believe they are 'safe' is actually also meaningless, we have long said that aside from the financial issue the disappointment of not getting to the concert you've paid to see is something that no 'ticket guarantee' can address on any level, the whole thing is ridiculous.

Don't forget the public disclosures highlighted in the Dispatches programme - all the old issues that Derren and I have been talking about since we started Ticket Safe!

Please do let us know the outcome of Viagogo's 'investigation' into the matter - preferably on the forum but also do send me a PM as soon as you know, I would love to see how they can possibly compensate you for missing this event, I suspect and hope they will reimburse the ticket money - but beyond that probably nothing, although they should at least pay back the money you wasted on phone calls to them!

Hope you do get to see Patti Smith, she’s astonishing live, our latest photos of her were at this year’s Hop Farm (a highly recommended festival!) link to the gallery is here.

Do keep us posted Derren and I continue to fight against this type of ticket nightmare and will continue to do so.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 4
Top Sun 15th Jul 2012 18:59
nancyhaven

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 160

Ofcourse it's beyond dreadful to be let down like that and I do hope you managed to find tickets from somewhere else in the end.

However, I am sure that Viagogo will honour their guarantee (see below) and as yours is a "worst case" they will offer you a full refund.

Buyers are guaranteed to get the tickets they paid for in time for the event. In the rare instance that a problem arises, will provide similar or better tickets, or in the worst case a full refund."

Quote nancyhaven Quote  Reply to nancyhaven Reply
Post # 5
Top Sun 15th Jul 2012 21:06
Markland

Here is an example of one of their other "guarantees" which is false and misleading:

"Tickets - Concert, Sport & Theatre Tickets | viagogo Ticket Exchange
www.viagogo.co.uk/Tickets for Concerts, Sport, Theatre at viagogo, an online ticket exchange. Buy and Sell Tickets 100% safe and guaranteed."

Nothing there about "in the worst case scenario" , this is taken from Google and not something buried in viagogos terms and conditions

This is the first impression people have of viagogo and its false

Viagogo cannot "guarantee" the ticket it sells are valid or even genuine, unless viagogo itself has purchased them and is reselling them through its own site, in which case the "ticket exchange" claim is also false and misleading

Don't be sucked in by the tout platforms guarantees, stick to the primary ticket agents who actually really can guarantee your ticket is valid and genuine

Post # 6
Top Sun 15th Jul 2012 21:44
WhatTheF
View Profile

Topics: 5 Replies: 111
Quote from Markland - 15th Jul 2012 21:06 View
Here is an example of one of their other "guarantees" which is false and misleading:

www.viagogo.co.uk/Tickets for Concerts, Sport, Theatre at viagogo, an online ticket exchange. Buy and Sell Tickets 100% safe and guaranteed."

Nothing there about "in the worst case scenario" , this is taken from Google and not something buried in viagogos terms and conditions

This is the first impression people have of viagogo and its false

Viagogo cannot "guarantee" the ticket it sells are valid or even genuine, unless viagogo itself has purchased them and is reselling them through its own site, in which case the "ticket exchange" claim is also false and misleading

Don't be sucked in by the tout platforms guarantees, stick to the primary ticket agents who actually really can guarantee your ticket is valid and genuine

"Nothing there about "in the worst case scenario"...........................

FFS...what are you talking about. It took me 30 seconds to find it on the front main home page. Not in the T&C's.

Click the "Ticket Guarantee Icon" which states

The guarantee

guarantees every transaction

Buyers are guaranteed to get the tickets they paid for in time for the event. In the rare instance that a problem arises, will provide similar or better tickets, or in the worst case a full refund.

Sellers are guaranteed to get paid for the tickets they sell

etc, etc, etc

As Nancyhaven iundicated, she will get her refund at least. Its not ideal but its not on the same level of Aossa, etc

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 7
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 04:15
Markland

Seriously, how many people actually click on the 'ticket guarantee" icon or read the terms and conditions?

They just believe the garbage on the Google search that they initially see

As for "guaranteeing" transactions, thats clearly not the impression from:

"100% safe and guaranteed"

Tell that to genejr

His transaction was not "safe" or "guaranteed"

Post # 8
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 08:12
nancyhaven

Make no mistake, I believe it's totally unacceptable for genejr or anyone else to be let down by Viagogo.

But I do believe that once again Markland is spitting hairs, Google the artist you want to see (which I believe is what most people would do) and Viagogo will be amongst the listings. There will be no mention there about any guarantee conditions. They are shown on a link on Viagogo's Home Page. Very easy to find and are printed as I described above. Contrary to what Markland says, I believe that most people would read the guarantee before committing to buying tickets. I am an ordinary member of the public buying tickets (as opposed to someone "in the business") and that's exactly what I would do.

Viagogo's guarantee is actually no different from guarantees offered by primary sites.

The bottom line ls: genejr has been badly let down by Viagogo and the very least he/she can expect is a full refund. I hope and expect this to be forthcoming.

Post # 9
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 09:10
Medusa
View Profile

Let's not turn this into another argument folks.

Safeconcerts (that is Derren and myself) have never recommended that anyone buy from secondary sites and we have been unimpressed by the 'ticket guarantee' that we believe gives people a false sense of security.

Let's not turn this into another thread where you all try and score points, and nancy re your remarks, I wasn't born yesterday!

genejr has been unacceptably let down by Viagogo, not the first time this has happened to someone buying tickets from Viagogo and probably won't be the last.

genejr has said they will let us know the outcome, let's see what happens - in my opinion whatever they do will not make up for missing the concert, which is the fact you all seem to forget when getting into arguments.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Post # 10
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 10:24
angela3

Rating: Minor Celebrity
Topics: 1 Replies: 31
Very big of you Medusa to say lets not another argument folks, when it was Markland and yourself who jumped on the original post when neither of you or anyone on this board has the full facts of the case.

Quote angela3 Quote  Reply to angela3 Reply
Post # 11
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 10:25
nancyhaven

Hey, there's no argument. I happen to agree that being let down like this is totally unacceptable under any circumstances, be it tickets for a concert or anything else.

Just wanted the buyer to feel a little less disappointed by informing him/her that a refund will be forthcoming. Totally accept that this will not make up for the disappointment. I would never encourage nor discourage anyone from buying tickets from a secondary site. I have always said that it has worked for me. That's not to say it works for everyone.

Post # 12
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 10:33
Medusa
View Profile

Let me make it very clear, Safeconcerts do not and will not recommend secondary sites, I think you will find that genejr has all the fact of their own case.

It is not acceptable for any ticket outlet to fail to deliver the tickets that have been bought and paid for.

Viagogo's behaviour has been well documented, Safeconcerts do not believe that Viagogo, particularly following their move away from the UK, are a good place to buy tickets of any description.

Stick to the primaries folks - hoping you get your refund promptly genejr, but I suspect you would rather have gone to the gig!

Post # 13
Top Mon 16th Jul 2012 11:00
nancyhaven

Quote from Medusa - 16th Jul 2012 10:33 View
Let me make it very clear, Safeconcerts do not and will not recommend secondary sites, I think you will find that genejr has all the fact of their own case.

It is not acceptable for any ticket outlet to fail to deliver the tickets that have been bought and paid for.

Viagogo's behaviour has been well documented, Safeconcerts do not believe that Viagogo, particularly following their move away from the UK, are a good place to buy tickets of any description.

Stick to the primaries folks - hoping you get your refund promptly genejr, but I suspect you would rather have gone to the gig!

Isn't that more or less what I just said?

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
There are 822 active users currently on the forum: 822 guests
Visitors Today: 1540
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely