Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

secretmusic.co.uk

Did not supply tickets or give me a refund.
14 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 15 of 15
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 27th Jul 2012 13:08
Cola7
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 2

I had seen some positive feedback on here and they did seem genuine in their responses but I did not receive my £150 Secret Garden Party ticket as they said there were problems getting names printed on tickets.  They only told me this 2 days before the fesitival was due to start so not only disappointed but they have not refunded despite numerous emails to them, they haven't even responded to my messages since the festival ended last week.

Quote Cola7 Quote  Reply to Cola7 Reply
Post # 2
Top Fri 27th Jul 2012 14:41
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1764

Hi there Cola7

I'm really sorry to hear this, we've been concerned about this site for a while now. Please do make sure you report them to Action Fraud - all the details are on our what to do if you've been a victim of fraud pages - here.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 3
Top Thu 2nd Aug 2012 12:39
Searly
Topics: 0 Replies: 4

I too have been scammed by secret music to the cost of £450 for three tickets to the recent Secret Garden Party. 

At first all was seemingly above board, and in our initial email contact they seemed offended at my suggestion that there are a lot of scam sites out there, and theirs appeared too good to be true! I was concerned with the spelling mistakes etc, but thought no I will give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I have had what seemed like genuinely apologetic emails about their failure to deliver after confusion with printed names on tickets, but only a day or two before the festival, which was a special occasion.  Mildly inconvenient to say the least...

I actually bought two bonafide tickets from the official site as some late ones were released.  Secret Music told me I would get my refund last week, and then I received a further investigation email, and since then I have mailed them at least every other day, and nothing has come back. 

I am going to try my bank tomorrow, I paid with my debit card - am wondering what the outcome will be? 

Very disappointing...

Quote Searly Quote  Reply to Searly Reply
Post # 4
Top Thu 2nd Aug 2012 16:38
Medusa
View Profile

Hi there Searly

See my reply to your other post - please report them to Action Fraud.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Post # 5
Top Fri 3rd Aug 2012 14:31
Searly

Have spoken to my bank, and as I made the transaction directly from my account to theirs they can't help me.

I have reported them to Action Fraud as well.  

I Secret Music another email, and they came back saying they would look into it for me...

I will be very surprised if that money comes back to me...

Post # 6
Top Fri 3rd Aug 2012 17:21
Cola7
Topics: 1 Replies: 2
They did reply to me but only to tell me they would be taking legal action against me as I sent them an email with an 'abusive tone' and I had written a bad review about them on this site!! can you believe the cheek?? I'm sorry to hear that you lost so much money through them. Weird that its the SGP tickets they have not refunded, seem to have sorted other people out.

I will also report to Action Fraud. My bank have given me their bank details so I will see what I can do.

Quote Cola7 Quote  Reply to Cola7 Reply
Post # 7
Top Fri 3rd Aug 2012 17:32
Searly

Oh well, having posted here, I can deffo kiss my money good bye...

Post # 8
Top Wed 8th Aug 2012 17:40
nayfarmer08
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
My wife has had the same problem she bought some lady gaga tickets for Manchester for 11th September. we had the choice of third party tickets which were in hand, or we could wait for theres which would come from ticket master. we opted for the third party tickets and paid directly into there bank account.
A couple of days later we had a royal mail ticket saying there was a letter at the local depot that needed signing for. so we collected to find the envelope was empty. She's sent numerous emails and nothing has been resolved. The outcome is that she's told them she's contacting the police and a media company.

Quote nayfarmer08 Quote  Reply to nayfarmer08 Reply
Post # 9
Top Thu 9th Aug 2012 14:59
racheljayne
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
I also have been deceived by secretmusic.co.uk to the tune of £600 for Secret Garden Party tickets.

I paid it into a Nationwide bank account and was promised the tickets would be sent to me recorded delivery.

A week before the festival I contacted secretmusic.co.uk via email (they have never let me have a contact name or telephone number) and asked for an explanation- they said they themselves had been a victim of some "moron trying to rip them off" and were going to have to issue me with a refund.

They say this could take 14days- that passed, then the "investigations dept" got in contact with me . ( probably the same guy from a different email address)

They promised me my refund would be with me this week if not next the latest (this was last week) still i have nothing.

They have been replying to my emails (here's an example)

Hi

No still waiting. The orst thing is we also need to verify our Paypal account or we could of sent by that method.

Please be patient we have not fogotten you.

"Let music be your soul reason to wake up in the morning."
www.secretmusic.co.uk

So i emailed them again, to say that because they have bnot replied I am now going to have to go to trading standards... the reply i got was as follows:

Hi

So you no longer need a refund?
"Let music be your soul reason to wake up in the morning."
www.secretmusic.co.uk

Terms and Conditions apply

I replied to say of course I still need my refund and should they deposit £600 into my account I would not take this any further.... again no reply.

I have spoken to the police, and they have told me to inform Trading Standards- I have also contacted Watchdog.

I hoe we all do get outr money back. the fact that they are so rubbish at replying to emails is really concerning.

Quote racheljayne Quote  Reply to racheljayne Reply
Post # 10
Top Tue 14th Aug 2012 15:08
Ruth122
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
Ecastly the same happened to my mate with lady gaga tickets. received an empty envelope!!! She just got a very badly written email from them today saying "there will be a form on the website on Friday to complete details for a refund" yeah whatever. She too got threatened with court action and police etc - a very very nasty piece of work. Emails always very poorly written and very unprofessional.

The email was from Oliver Frances yet the original site was licenced to a lee stevens.

I doubt anyone will ever see their cash again....

Quote Ruth122 Quote  Reply to Ruth122 Reply
Post # 11
Top Fri 17th Aug 2012 15:11
racheljayne
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
Has anyone had any further contact from anyone at secretmusic.co.uk yet?

I had spoken with a guy called Oliver Francis the other day (tuesday) and he has said that a form will appear on the webiste today for refund/ complaints- nothing has appeared yet.

When i threatened with Action Fraud and trading standards etc he said " well we will just let them sort it then" which is ludacris, surely if he could he would pay us all back rather than have the authorities on his case.

just wandering if anyone else has had any further luck/ communication????

I really do not know what to do next- any ideas/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

I do have an address- so I am writing a letter for "breach of contract" today, if you go on companies house you will be able to look up the address- which is registered to Secret Music Limited.

Action Fraud have been informed and also the police and consumer advice.
Is there anything / anyone else I can contact to lodge my complaint???

Quote racheljayne Quote  Reply to racheljayne Reply
Post # 12
Top Sun 19th Aug 2012 10:53
help
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
Hi,

So I'm in the same boat as all of you, who should I contact to report them and how?

Thanks!

Quote help Quote  Reply to help Reply
Post # 13
Top Sun 19th Aug 2012 23:55
Medusa
View Profile

Hi there - all the info you need is on our 'What to do if you are a victim of Fraud' page - hope that helps.

Post # 14
Top Mon 20th Aug 2012 14:15
sozimo

Hi

Same thing happened to me for my Wireless Tickets! I received an empty envelope! I was furious as the event was 2 days away and I paid the tickets 1 month in advance.

Quote sozimo Quote  Reply to sozimo Reply
Post # 15
Top Mon 20th Aug 2012 19:06
Ruth122
they now have a 'refund form' on their website. not sure how legit it is. They ask for your bank details.....

Quote Ruth122 Quote  Reply to Ruth122 Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 15 of 15
 Start a new topic
There are 947 active users currently on the forum: 947 guests
Visitors Today: 16073
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely