Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

ticket factory sell me the wrong tickets and want a 10% fee to cancel them!

3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 30th Oct 2015 19:18
arrgee2011

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 10 Replies: 218

I went in to get some Elvis Costello tickets on Thursday.  I tried both Friday and Saturday in spearate windows, and managed to get both.  Anyway, I closed off the window with the Friday tickets in and went all teh way through to the payment, and the confirmation showed the Friday tickets!  I then went back in and did manage to book the tickets on the Saturday.

I contacted Ticket Factory and explained what happened and asked for a refund.  This is what they said..

Thank you for your email

I have spoken to the manager of the show and we are able to refund on this occasion minus a 10% fee, please confirm if you wish to go ahead with the refund and we will process this for you,

I don't see how a 10% fee is justified.  They haven't sent the tickets.  I told them immediately about the issue. I would have understood say a £5 admin fee.  I have just asked my bank for 5 years worth of statements and they are only charging me £10.

From their T&C

11. Please carefully check your tickets as mistakes cannot always be rectified.

I did, they weren't the ones I ordered and now I have to pay £27 to cancel them!

The irony is I should have just waited for Barclaycard fee free friday and saved myself nearly £40, but I wanted to make sure I had decent seats.

Quote arrgee2011 Quote  Reply to arrgee2011 Reply
Post # 2
Top Sun 1st Nov 2015 12:12
arrgee2011

After a few emails to and fro, I now have a full refund.

Post # 3
Top Sat 7th Nov 2015 15:55
arrgee2011

Just for the purposes of comparison,

Last week, I booked some matinee tickets for my daughter for The Nutcracker at the London Coliseum but selected the wrong date. I called the Coliseum Box Office who said that they would ordinarily charge £3/ticket for a change, but as I contacted them before they had printed the tickets they would waive the charge.

Also three years ago, my daughter fell ill on the morning when we were due to see Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre. I called the Box Office and they said if I brought the tickets in, they would resell them for cash. After a couple of hours browsing record stores, they called me and paid me.

So kudos to the London Coliseum and Cambridge Theatre for their no quibble approach!

Post # 4
Top Mon 28th Dec 2015 12:31
arrgee2011

And also kudos for the National Theatre who gave me a refund minus a £2 administration fee/ticket when I had to cancel our trip to see the wonder.land matinee tomorrow afternoon due to illness, with just over 24 hours notice.

If only it was possible to buy concert tickets with the same reasonable T&Cs. http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/website-help/tcs

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
There are 2 active users currently on the forum: 2 guests
Visitors Today: 2
Most users online: 13391 on 3rd May 2015

Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely