Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Buying tickets for Adele through GetMeIn, will i encounter problems?

6 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Tue 8th Dec 2015 22:38
M3ssiL3go23
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 1

Hi there, i am thinking of buying my wife and i some tickets through GetMeIn for one of the upcoming Adele concerts but am slightly concerned that i may be turned away at the door as the tickets will obviously be in someone else's name. When i originally tried to buy the tickets through The Ticket Factory (unsuccessful) it did state that ID would have to be presented or you would be turned away. Surely there are lots of people buying tickets for other people as presents and not attending themselves? Thanks in advance.

Quote M3ssiL3go23 Quote  Reply to M3ssiL3go23 Reply
Post # 2
Top Wed 9th Dec 2015 11:00
ackerman2406

Rating: Pop Star
Topics: 3 Replies: 84
Getmein state very clearly on their website that the original purchaser of the ticket must be present to accompany you into the venue, and that they must have government-issue ID with them. Don't think it can be any clearer than that!

Quote ackerman2406 Quote  Reply to ackerman2406 Reply
Post # 3
Top Wed 9th Dec 2015 14:47
M3ssiL3go23
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 1
So Joe Bloggs who lives in Scotland accompanies the people who he sold the tickets to down in Devon?

Quote M3ssiL3go23 Quote  Reply to M3ssiL3go23 Reply
Post # 4
Top Wed 9th Dec 2015 16:03
ackerman2406

Yep, that's the way it works. Don't blame me - I'm only the messenger! It's aimed to stop touts buying up tickets, but in reality only pushes up the secondary prices as the tout has to buy an extra ticket for himself so that he can accompany his ticket buyers inside.

Post # 5
Top Wed 16th Dec 2015 11:55
arrgee2011

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 10 Replies: 218
Quote from M3ssiL3go23 - 8th Dec 2015 22:38 View

Hi there, i am thinking of buying my wife and i some tickets through GetMeIn for one of the upcoming Adele concerts but am slightly concerned that i may be turned away at the door as the tickets will obviously be in someone else's name. When i originally tried to buy the tickets through The Ticket Factory (unsuccessful) it did state that ID would have to be presented or you would be turned away. Surely there are lots of people buying tickets for other people as presents and not attending themselves? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't buy the tickets through getmein for many reasons, but I doubt there will be any ID checks on the door.  I have been to numerous football matches, concerts, plays and musicals where they said ID would be checked, yet only once was I asked to provide it when I turned up for a low capacity Charlatans gig at the Brroklyn Bowl within the O2.    Even with U2 at the O2,  to enter the general admission standing area you had to present your credit card, but no ID was requested.

Also not everyone will turn up together.  I don't wait for people to turn up late if I have a seat, I just go in and wait for them.

My advice is to sit tight for now because invariably there will be more Adele tickets closer to the time when "production" seats are released.  (I.e. those they couldn't sell for a small fortune on a corporate package)

Quote arrgee2011 Quote  Reply to arrgee2011 Reply
Post # 6
Top Fri 18th Dec 2015 12:38
ackerman2406

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/07/adele-tickets-bought-from-touts-will-be-cancelled-5549399/

I am only repeating what I have read!

Post # 7
Top Wed 23rd Dec 2015 12:05
arrgee2011

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 10 Replies: 218
Quote from ackerman2406 - 18th Dec 2015 12:38 View
http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/07/adele-tickets-bought-from-touts-will-be-cancelled-5549399/

I am only repeating what I have read!

Sure, but within that article...

The Ticket Factory are clamping down on touting by cancelling any tickets that have been purchased and sold on, 

however when contacted by Metro.co.uk, Ticketmaster denied reports they are planning to do the same

Not too surprising as Ticketmaster are effectively GetMeIn, but they do say...

Please be aware, due to restrictions on the sale of tickets for this event the original purchaser will be required to attend and present government-issued ID on the night

Now I don't know how that will be enforced. There could be up to 20,000 people turning up and given the issues around getting into U2 with a credit card just for the standing areas, trying to do this for everyone along with the enhanced security checks in the wake of Paris could lead to long queues and delays.  So I suspect in practice, it will be more lenient.

That said, I'd not buy tickets off GetMeIn or anyone else for this.  Bound to be some production seats sold nearer the time.

Quote arrgee2011 Quote  Reply to arrgee2011 Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
There are 72 active users currently on the forum: 72 guests
Visitors Today: 72
Most users online: 13391 on 3rd May 2015

Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely