Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Piccadilly Ticket Shop -- bogus?

13 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 14 of 14
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Mon 13th Mar 2017 18:05
RMiles
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 1 Replies: 0

I (stupidly) bought two tickets for the U2 Joshua Tree Tour from the above website piccadillyticketshop.com on the morning they were released.  It was impossible to get anything via the official ticket seller on U2's website.  I was taken in by the name, but only later saw the company's address is in Cyprus.  I had an automatic reply email when I bought the tickets but no sign of them to date.  Also no details of actual specific seat numbers.  I tried ringing a London phone no. given on their site today but it just goes through to a recorded message.

I figure I've probably been taken in.  Guess I'm going to have to try and get the money back from my bank.

I also feel that bands of the profile of U2 (who are supposed to have some principles) should at least be concerned about what's going on here with all the scamming hitting the headlines. 

Quote RMiles Quote  Reply to RMiles Reply
Post # 2
Top Mon 10th Apr 2017 10:51
Marshy0709
Topics: 1 Replies: 1
Hi there
I have done the same... :/ i have been trying to contact them but to no avail. Have you had any progress at all?

Quote Marshy0709 Quote  Reply to Marshy0709 Reply
Post # 3
Top Fri 28th Apr 2017 17:39
Redwineandchocolate
Topics: 0 Replies: 1
I purchased 4 Ed Sheeran tickets from PICCADILY TICKET SHOP - received an email yesterday advising that I would be contacted re ticket collection at venue - no such contact received. Following call after call/ email after email to the company, a guy called on his mobile responding to my calls to a landline. Advised his collection agent Josh would be in contact in 15mins....still waiting.
The address of the company is based in Cyprus - stupid me.
The web page looks very pro - but I guess that as the concert is tomorrow that this is nothing other than a scam.
So disappointed for my sons who were so looking forward to the concert.

Quote Redwineandchocolate Quote  Reply to Redwineandchocolate Reply
Post # 4
Top Sat 17th Jun 2017 08:40
EllaO
Topics: 0 Replies: 6
Me and my dad done the exact same. £150 each we paid. Have you all had any more news with the tickets. Usually you get them 10 days before the event. But i have a gut feeling we aint gonna recieve them!

Quote EllaO Quote  Reply to EllaO Reply
Post # 5
Top Mon 3rd Jul 2017 12:41
Bjshaw21

Hi there

Did you get your tickets in the end? Just trying to work out if I've been swindled too?

Bjshaw21

Quote Bjshaw21 Quote  Reply to Bjshaw21 Reply
Post # 6
Top Mon 3rd Jul 2017 13:46
EllaO
I rang them friday managed to get through. Said they would be here by today. But they arnt as of yet

Post # 7
Top Tue 4th Jul 2017 17:48
EllaO
Ticket up date. So no tickets have arrived (should of been here by monday). So ive rang them and they are telling me a total different story. Tickets are to be found at the pickup point day of concert instead. We are traveling 6 hours & im not a fan of going into central london to find these god damn tickets. So hes offered to send them to our hotel. Still not sure if its legit. But im sure we will find out saturday x

Post # 8
Top Fri 7th Jul 2017 13:36
pmaosn74
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
BOUGHT TICKETS FOR U2 TOMORROW, TRAVELLING DOWN FROM LIVERPOOL, HOTEL BOOKED AND CAN'T BE IN ANY WAY SURE IF I ACTUALLY HAVE TICKETS, GOT GIVEN A MOBILE NUMBER WHICH DOESNT WORK. DO I TRAVEL OR NOT.

Quote pmaosn74 Quote  Reply to pmaosn74 Reply
Post # 9
Top Fri 7th Jul 2017 13:38
pmaosn74

DID YOU GET TO SEE THE SHOW?

Post # 10
Top Fri 7th Jul 2017 14:41
EllaO
They emailed me the tickets yesterday. They made ever excuse to delay it. Ring the number from the websitr and demand you want them emailed

Post # 11
Top Fri 7th Jul 2017 14:52
pmaosn74
spoke to them 3 times today, supposedly delivering them to my hotel. am I filled with confidence, none at all.

Post # 12
Top Fri 7th Jul 2017 16:07
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1776
We always advise never to buy from anywhere other than a primary ticket source - the stress is just too much and it's way too risky. I do hope you get those tickets.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 13
Top Tue 25th Jul 2017 23:14
louisef
Did you get genuine tickets in the end? Due to travel to Brussels this weekend to see U2, no tickets as yet.....?

Quote louisef Quote  Reply to louisef Reply
Post # 14
Top Wed 26th Jul 2017 07:20
EllaO
Yes after pestering the website everyday. They finally sent us them by email.

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 14 of 14
 Start a new topic
There are 100 active users currently on the forum: 100 guests
Visitors Today: 100
Most users online: 13391 on 3rd May 2015

Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely