Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Protect yourself from ticket scammers and fraudsters
before you buy with our Be Ticket Safe® Directory
Safe Concerts Forum > General Forums > Ramble On

Anyone got an Xbox 360?

20 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 21
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Tue 30th May 2006 21:58
BigBadBrad

Rating: Minor Celebrity
Topics: 6 Replies: 21

There is one game in particular i want.. which is only available on the 360, fightnight round 3 the boxing one.. Even i can't justify £300 for one game.

Also at 33, am i too old to be playing games?
Big Bad Brad.. well ok not so Bad, but the rest is true.

Quote BigBadBrad Quote  Reply to BigBadBrad Reply
Post # 2
Top Tue 30th May 2006 22:11
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1764
It's never stopped John Prescott!
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 3
Top Tue 30th May 2006 22:17
cannon_fodder
View Profile

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 16 Replies: 218
Now, you see BigBadBrad, what you need to do is to say that you are using the Xbox as a networked computer system, as part of a business expense. Then it's legitimate. You can also use it to stream your music wirelessly to it.

You could also compare the amount of time you would spend on it and the money it costs to buy against the amount of money's worth of beer and food you would have spent if you went out instead of playing the game.

I think you'll find that it will pay for itself in no time.

I am the chief leader into temptation when it comes to stuff like this.
Please try to resist picking on people in forums - it's neither big nor clever and you never know who you'll wake up

Quote cannon_fodder Quote  Reply to cannon_fodder Reply
Post # 4
Top Tue 30th May 2006 23:15
Mel
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 22 Replies: 118
chief leader into temptation eh???? there's no end to the stings on your bow is there!!

How are you hun?
Remeber the LAW OF MEL
'Look out for each other, respect is a two way street and most of all, feel the love'! Hug

Quote Mel Quote  Reply to Mel Reply
Post # 5
Top Tue 30th May 2006 23:23
Mel
View Profile

I don't play x box but do play PC games and am older than you........ But do have to say I wouldn't be playing boxing I'm more into Bugs Bunny where I stun the enemy with carrots...just a softy at heart, despite being a stage and production manager Evil Smile
Remeber the LAW OF MEL
'Look out for each other, respect is a two way street and most of all, feel the love'! Hug

Post # 6
Top Tue 30th May 2006 23:25
cannon_fodder
View Profile

Hi Mel

I have more strings than Peter Stringfellow's underwear drawer after an "all strings half price sale" at Harrods on my bow!

I am grand thanks, though I still think it's Monday - though I shall still think it is Friday by the time I get to Thursday. What's that all about?

Hows life in sound?
Please try to resist picking on people in forums - it's neither big nor clever and you never know who you'll wake up

Post # 7
Top Tue 30th May 2006 23:34
Mel
View Profile

Just trying to work out if we can really justify spending another LARGE ammount of money on yet more d&b (speakers), mega bucks..... Plus looking through tech specs for this week, and have been asked if I will look after an event at a venue I told some weeks ago they didn't come up to even the most basic H&S standards, so unless they have done lots of work and come up to acceptable standards then no P.A..... someone has to make a stand with these people

Days of the week mmmmm, I often have to check my dairy!!!Clown
Remeber the LAW OF MEL

Post # 8
Top Wed 31st May 2006 00:19
cannon_fodder
View Profile

I take it you don't get a set of speakers like that with every £6 of petrol then. And there was me worrying about the money I spent on my Kefs.

It must be worrying seeing places with really bad H&S, especially considering how much real danger this could pose. We see loads of stupid H&S regs on TV, things like not being able to breathe helium for a giggle, having to wear goggles whilst playing conkers etc. but your industry must really rely on them for real safety. Good on you for sticking up for standards.

Mind you, is there a tendency for people like this to just keep looking until they find someone less reputable who is prepared to work for them regardless?

Post # 9
Top Wed 31st May 2006 00:43
Mel
View Profile

Gosh must send you some real speakers hun Tongue
Remeber the LAW OF MEL

Post # 10
Top Wed 31st May 2006 00:51
Medusa
View Profile

lol LOL
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Post # 11
Top Wed 31st May 2006 00:55
cannon_fodder
View Profile

Hah! Better order a wider set of door frames and 30 pairs of these for the neighbours!

Night Mel!

Post # 12
Top Wed 31st May 2006 01:00
Mel
View Profile

sleep well poppet x
Remeber the LAW OF MEL

Post # 13
Top Wed 31st May 2006 21:34
BigBadBrad

Mel what PC games do you play? My favourite FPS farcry..

Sims2 also rocks.

I recently got Oblivion which is the best RPG ever without doubt, but need a new PC to play it. Pah

Post # 14
Top Thu 1st Jun 2006 09:08
Medusa
View Profile

I have my trusty little PSP and go through phases of utter addiction. Medievil and Death Jnr were my favs so far.

PC games - completely addicted to Heroes of Might and Magic me!!

Post # 15
Top Thu 1st Jun 2006 12:50
Stew 101
View Profile
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 8
Brad,

Get your PC sorted because Oblivion is awasome and your right it is the best stand alone RPG on the go at the moment - however i would suggest that you pick up a copy of the guide that PC world sell its invaluable.

The other game i play is an online RPG called City of Heroes its well class and ive spent the last two years playing it, its well worth the monthly subscription because you also get access to City of Villains

Stew

Quote Stew 101 Quote  Reply to Stew 101 Reply
Post # 16
Top Thu 1st Jun 2006 12:51
Stew 101
View Profile
Rating: Karaoke Kid
Topics: 0 Replies: 8
What goes on with my double posts, works PC is rubbish.

Nuff Said

Quote Stew 101 Quote  Reply to Stew 101 Reply
Post # 17
Top Thu 1st Jun 2006 12:56
Medusa
View Profile

Are you double clicking by any chance? lol

Post # 18
Top Thu 1st Jun 2006 22:30
Mel
View Profile

My other half plays Farcry, far too violent for me.. I have to admit to the following Harry Potter, Bugs and Taz, love Scrabble, the one that has my full attention just now is Narnia.

Holding on to my childhood you may say,mmm ok..... yep..... guilty Tongue
Remeber the LAW OF MEL

Post # 19
Top Fri 2nd Jun 2006 00:21
cannon_fodder
View Profile

I'm with Stew - Oblivion is my current squeeze. It is rather aptly named, becuase my free time has now gone to oblivion and I feel like the walking dead with my eyes dribbling down my stared-at-the-monitor-too-long face. BigBadBrad - a new computer is definitely a business expense ...

Far Cry is superb, it's at its best when you are outside in the jungle and on the beaches (Winston Churchill flashback) as the compounds are a little more ordinary, but I spent ages on it. Best looking FPS I have ever played.

For top fun though I would highly recommend Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The best game I have played. You've not lived until you are racing round normal streets with your own music blaring out of the stereo... Well, technically, that's not true, but no other game has actually made me laugh out loud just by crashing a car.

Although putting a bullet into someone from a sniper rifle from a speedboat in the middle of the ocean is great fun, I have to admit that I also like the warm and fuzzy games like you as well, Mel.

Post # 20
Top Mon 5th Jun 2006 09:55
BigBadBrad

Correct. 3 games that actually deserve buying.. I sooo desperately need an upgrade.

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 21
1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 1339 active users currently on the forum: 1339 guests
Visitors Today: 49691
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely