Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Protect yourself from ticket scammers and fraudsters
before you buy with our Be Ticket Safe® Directory
Safe Concerts Forum > General Forums > Venue Reviews

LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena)

6 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Wed 31st Dec 2008 20:48

Review by: azzz
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 4/5]
i think it was an crazy place, but i do think they should invest smartly on air con.

Quote Guest Quote  Reply to Guest Reply
Post # 2
Top Mon 16th Mar 2009 15:03

Review by: Gem
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 4/5]
Saw Snow Patrol on 11th March 2009 - Great Band Great atmosphere!
Not enough ladies loos - Why are there never enough?? Queues were very bad!
Far too hot...... I had seats at the back of the arena halfway up and about 1/2 hr before the end was feeling very uncomfortable! GET SOME AIR CON!!!!!!!
Staff were very helpful and was a nice clean arena!

Post # 3
Top Tue 23rd Jun 2009 09:06

Review by: mrstuna
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 3/5]
I have tickets for either block 17 near the top and block 13 near the top, which is better if i have small children with me? for things such as view and sound etc .. thanks for any answers x

Post # 4
Top Sat 28th Nov 2009 22:11

Review by: a j
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 1/5]
its actually 14 pound for 4 pints. 3.50 a pint or 7 quid for 2 so saves you going back to queue up again. quite normal pricing.

Post # 5
Top Mon 8th Mar 2010 10:36

Review by: Rob
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 5/5]
A massive improvement! Arena now has very good air conditioning and great acoustics.

Nice food area on the way in; if you can stretch to it try the towerdeck restaurant as the "bowls" were a nice idea :) Probably one of the best arenas right now.

Traffic management at the end of the show was disorganised.

Post # 6
Top Fri 19th Nov 2010 13:40

Review by: Evo
Venue: LG Arena (Birmingham NEC Arena) [score 3/5]
When entering the LG Arena do they scan your tickets and hand the other part back to you, i am just thinking if we arrive and all tickets are checked at such a large venue, the ques will be bad.

Post # 7
Top Sun 29th Apr 2012 12:08
loafer149
View Profile

Rating: Busker
Topics: 3 Replies: 11

I've been to the LG Arena four times now and on a whole I'd say it's quite a nice arena.

The first time I went, back in early 2009, it really needed updating but the arena underwent a refurbishment later that year and it has improved significantly since then in terms of access to facilities and comfort of the seats. However when I went to see Neil Diamond, my seat was second row from the back and the view wasn't brilliant at all and I may as well have been watching it at home on a DVD for the atmosphere you get up there.

It's all very well them boasting about their seating capacity but where do you draw the line between being able to accommodate more fans and affecting their experience?

I've found the majority of the staff to be helpful at the arena and they were fantastic when a member of my family became unwell at a show there this week. On one occasion, at a Meet and Greet, I encountered a very abrupt member of the security team but that individual was the only one I've ever had reason to complain about.

"You know I'm gonna stick with ya, when the hard times hit" - Stand In The Storm from Hell In A Handbasket.

Quote loafer149 Quote  Reply to loafer149 Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
There are 760 active users currently on the forum: 760 guests
Visitors Today: 8514
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely