Subscribe to our RSS News feed Follow safeconcerts on Twitter Follow Safeconcerts on Facebook 
You're the stars! We have thousands of crowd photos here.
We know live music would be nothing without you!
Welcome to the TicketSafe Forum   search for a website here
Protect yourself from ticket fraud, lookup the companies that you buy your tickets from in the TicketSafe Directory
have your say and leave feedback
Safe Concerts Forum > Concert Safety and Tickets > Ticket Safe Forum

Alicia Keys - Royal Albert Hall

Royal albert Hall have not confirmed
40 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 41
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Mon 4th Apr 2011 21:23
musiclover40

Rating: Minor Celebrity
Topics: 2 Replies: 28

OMG: here we go again.

So I get  anote from songkick stating that Alicia Keys is playing one night only @ the Royal Albert Hall, London on the 13th June 2011. I check Ticketmaster - NO listing, I check the web....littered with secondaries already trying to flog tickets THEN ring the Royal Albert Hall Box Office direct speaking to a very lovely lady who informs me that Alicia Keys is not on their schedule ... SO...how can these secondaries get on this BEFORE the concert is even confirmed? STAGGERED!!!!!

Quote musiclover40 Quote  Reply to musiclover40 Reply
Post # 2
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 21:54
WhatTheF
View Profile

Rating: Rock Star
Topics: 5 Replies: 111
Quote from musiclover40 - 4th Apr 2011 21:23 View

So I get  anote from songkick stating that Alicia Keys is playing one night only @ the Royal Albert Hall, London on the 13th June 2011. I check Ticketmaster - NO listing, I check the web....littered with secondaries already trying to flog tickets THEN ring the Royal Albert Hall Box Office direct speaking to a very lovely lady who informs me that Alicia Keys is not on their schedule ... SO...how can these secondaries get on this BEFORE the concert is even confirmed? STAGGERED!!!!!

Which Secondaries? The main three don't have them on?

Quote WhatTheF Quote  Reply to WhatTheF Reply
Post # 3
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 21:56
heavenlycupcake

Topics: 3 Replies: 115
No idea how the secondaries have got hold of this because it's not official yet (contract not signed) but she IS playing the R.A.H (99.9% sure).. Keep watching Ticketmaster for ticket release dates.

Quote heavenlycupcake Quote  Reply to heavenlycupcake Reply
Post # 4
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 22:06
roseyposey

Rating: Mega Star
Topics: 11 Replies: 302
Quote from WhatTheF - 4th Apr 2011 21:54 View

What happened to your state-of-the-art software?  Let  you down on this occasion?

Quote roseyposey Quote  Reply to roseyposey Reply
Post # 5
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 22:16
WhatTheF
View Profile

Quote from roseyposey - 4th Apr 2011 22:06 View

What happened to your state-of-the-art software?  Let  you down on this occasion?

Who says I don't have them already?

Post # 6
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 22:26
roseyposey

Quote from WhatTheF - 4th Apr 2011 22:16 View

Post # 7
Top Mon 4th Apr 2011 22:29
roseyposey

Quote from roseyposey - 4th Apr 2011 22:26 View
Quote from WhatTheF - 4th Apr 2011 22:16 View

May I respecfully suggest that you are perhaps posting on the wrong forum?  This website is designed to help people avoid scammers and touts.  It's not here to help people like you find presales.

Post # 8
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 13:18
musiclover40

hi all - thats my point for raising this - looks like the scammers are one step ahead yet again and this is merely a message to WATCH OUT...to spread awareness, which is what I believe the forum respresents or did i get it wrong? Just spoken to the RAH and they have no confirmation of the concert neither does Alicia Keys official website......

Post # 9
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 13:34
roseyposey

Hi Musiclover,

So sorry if you misunderstood - my comments certainly weren't aimed at you! They were for WhatTheF who has been on this site before, boasting about how he buys tickets early with some sort of sophisticated software and then sells them on at a profit to others who we considers too stupid to have bought them early enough.

Post # 10
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 14:19
roseyposey

That should read "...who HE considers...."

Post # 11
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 15:56
Medusa
View Profile

Rating: Rock Icon
Topics: 583 Replies: 1766
Quote from musiclover40 - 5th Apr 2011 13:18 View
hi all - thats my point for raising this - looks like the scammers are one step ahead yet again and this is merely a message to WATCH OUT...to spread awareness, which is what I believe the forum respresents or did i get it wrong? Just spoken to the RAH and they have no confirmation of the concert neither does Alicia Keys official website......

You are absolutely spot on, it's very much for spreading the word as soon as possible. We do get touts posting who try to dilute the message - fortunately we've got some great members who challenge them!

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 12
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 19:35
WhatTheF
View Profile

Quote from roseyposey - 5th Apr 2011 13:34 View
Hi Musiclover,

So sorry if you misunderstood - my comments certainly weren't aimed at you! They were for WhatTheF who has been on this site before, boasting about how he buys tickets early with some sort of sophisticated software and then sells them on at a profit to others who we considers too stupid to have bought them early enough.

Roses & Poses, Please don't flatter yourself with your own self importance...Its not becoming. I never said I buy tickets using sophisticated software. That's your wording. This is the last place I'd look to find presales. I provide a perspective that you may not like but exists and it has nothing to do with scamming.

Post # 13
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 20:16
roseyposey

Busker
Topics: 0 Replies: 16Patience, perseverance, thinking outside of the square. Software to check for re-releases, etc. I don't think this is the forum to discuss how its done. Even with the forums that I am on (closed and regulated) these techniques are extremely close guarded.

I keep on hearing about this term 'genuine ticket' fan? What really is that? I can understand fans getting upset when some concerts go only on general sale and its well known when they go on sale (Take That, V Festival etc) but to me this is a misnomer.

There have been many a times where I've purchased for an event. It has been days before it sells out. The fan club (which many are free) has advertised to its members base and I've taken a risk in buying because I know these bands (and actually I go to many of the smaller venues myself). If they are genuine ticket fans then why did they not purchase when they were available for days on end.

The reason is most people that buy "these" tickets are apathetic and unorganized. Or didn't have the money then and do buy closer to the events (possibly 9 months after general sale).

Busker
Topics: 0 Replies: 16Patience, perseverance, thinking outside of the square. Software to check for re-releases, etc. I don't think this is the forum to discuss how its done. Even with the forums that I am on (closed and regulated) these techniques are extremely close guarded.

WhattheF
Above are your words, not mine. As for self-importance: I do remember you describing yourself as a director of an investment bank. Of what relevence is that to this forum? You have to be the only person on the whole forum who has given a description of his work title.

Post # 14
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 21:09
WhatTheF
View Profile

Quote from roseyposey - 5th Apr 2011 20:16 View

Busker

I keep on hearing about this term 'genuine ticket' fan? What really is that? I can understand fans getting upset when some concerts go only on general sale and its well known when they go on sale (Take That, V Festival etc) but to me this is a misnomer.

There have been many a times where I've purchased for an event. It has been days before it sells out. The fan club (which many are free) has advertised to its members base and I've taken a risk in buying because I know these bands (and actually I go to many of the smaller venues myself). If they are genuine ticket fans then why did they not purchase when they were available for days on end.

The reason is most people that buy "these" tickets are apathetic and unorganized. Or didn't have the money then and do buy closer to the events (possibly 9 months after general sale).

Busker

WhattheF
Above are your words, not mine. As for self-importance: I do remember you describing yourself as a director of an investment bank. Of what relevence is that to this forum? You have to be the only person on the whole forum who has given a description of his work title.

Yes, and whats your point? That must have taken lots of effort. Did you learn to copy that in your arts degree?

Post # 15
Top Tue 5th Apr 2011 22:06
roseyposey

Basically my point is that you shouldn't really be posting on this forum as it is primarily to help people who have been conned one way or the other when buying event tickets. As you are a self-confessed perpetrator of this misery perhaps you should take your opinions elsewhere.

Post # 16
Top Wed 6th Apr 2011 02:56
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
I think its important that everyone gets a say on an open forum as long as its on topic

i am sure many people have disagreed with many of my posts, for a variety of reasons, as I have disagreed with many others

However, I firmly believe that it is important that we do not stifle open debate

Whilst I am aware of some of the closed forums WhatTheF refers too, and am aware of a great deal of the software available to touts, and would probably fundamentally disagree with many of WhatTheF's activities, what he/she has done is talk about several elephants in the room

As I have stated, I would probably fundamentally disagree with WhatTheF's activities and certainly with their views on the public, at least someone has been relatively honest about their activities

A welcome change from the false positive posts and rants from touts

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 17
Top Wed 6th Apr 2011 08:33
Medusa
View Profile

Topics: 583 Replies: 1766
Well - I'm sure we'd all like to 'be aware' of these sites and software available - do tell.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Quote Medusa Quote  Reply to Medusa Reply
Post # 18
Top Wed 6th Apr 2011 10:42
Markland

Topics: 250 Replies: 1763
The sites do tend to be closed loops with access by recommendation only

i.e. you have to "know" someone to get access

Others you simply have to have a ticket business to join and you get access to a site that shows a "shared inventory" from other touts

Effectively an online trading room amongst touts

The software is a different matter

It is possible to adapt certain types of software to revisit websites regularly without too much trouble

However, the custom coded stuff that is again only disseminated amongst touts is much more interesting

The biggest insight into that was the Wiseguys case in the USA where bots, or background processes to give them their full name, were preloaded with credit card details and set to target specific ticket releases at certain times

So if an on sale occurred at 9 am on a Friday morning you would set the bots to start hitting the site a very very short time before

You can even preset some stuff to look for specific tickets in the primaries inventory and keep dipping in and out of the system until it gets the tickets that you want

Thats at the larger end of the problem

At the smaller end I have actually seen evidence of 8 completed separate ticket purchases from a single IP address from a single computer in under 2 minutes

This type of software has always been the elephant in the room

Primaries have consistently denied it was a problem, or, in some cases that it even happens!

That was until the Wiseguys case blew the lid off of the issue

It also explains why primary ticket agents systems hang milliseconds after tickets go on sale

If their system is hit by automated requests that quickly, the sheer volume of requests ends up having the same effect as a denial of service attack and the connection drops or the system hangs

And thats why the public have little, if any, chance of getting the best seats when tickets go on sale

Fingers cannot type anywhere near as fast as a software can send data

Quote Markland Quote  Reply to Markland Reply
Post # 19
Top Wed 6th Apr 2011 16:09
musiclover40

to Rosey Posey ....... thanks for clarifying :-)

Post # 20
Top Thu 14th Apr 2011 07:57
heavenlycupcake

Topics: 3 Replies: 115
musiclover: Alicia Keys tickets go on sale tomorrow - be quick!

Quote heavenlycupcake Quote  Reply to heavenlycupcake Reply
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 20 of 41
1 2 3 > last
 Start a new topic
There are 717 active users currently on the forum: 717 guests
Visitors Today: 44110
Most users online: 9524 on 9th December 2013

Share Safeconcerts
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies, artists or people listed to correct any inaccuracies. Unfortunately, due to the way that information is distributed, Safeconcerts cannot make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. Read our full terms and conditions of use.
Contact Us | Website Terms of Use | BACK TO TOP | Safeconcerts: Proud to be a thorn in the site of ticket touts and fraudsters
Ticket Safe Home Page The Red List: websites to avoid now The Green List: websites we recommend Suggest a site here The latest Ticket Safe News How to buy tickets safely What to do if you've been a victim of fraud Ticket Safe Forum Ticket Safe Articles About Us Media Contacts Buy Concert Tickets Safely